Right now Vanessa and I were at a local motel till I could find a better place for us to settle. She didn't seem to mind as she sat on her bed typing away on her phone. One earbud in her ear as the other dangled in her lap. 

"You okay?" I asked her, breaking the silence that filled the small room. 

"I'm a little hungry but other than that I'm fine." She said shrugging her shoulders a bit as she pulled out the other earbud. "Know any fast food places that are near?" 

"There's a Wendy's just down the street. I saw it when the taxi brought us here." Reaching into my pocket, I grabbed out a bundle of cash and handed her a twenty. "This should be more than enough for you to run over and grab something." She reached across the bed and grabbed the bill, getting up from the bed and grabbing her sweatshirt off the top of her luggage bag. "Will you be okay going over there by yourself?" 

"Dad, I'm not five. I'm nearly fifteen, I'm just fine walking a few minutes down the street to grab a burger. Do you want anything?" She offered with a smile, tucking the money in the pocket of her jeans and grabbing the phone from off the bed. 

"I worry about you but fair enough. I'm good for now, thanks." Nodding her head, she walked across the room and then out the door. It was closed behind here and I took the opportunity to call up Emontay to get some more information and hopefully Drake is out here. Maybe he'll bring Marco along or Marco could already be here. I just don't want anything getting out of hand like last time, better to get this done now and be another secret I take o the grave. 

Bringing my phone up to my ear, I had to stand closer to the outlet while the phone was still hooked up to the short charger. One ring... two ring...-

"What's good, Javier?" He said into the phone. I couldn't hear any background noise so he must not be at the meet up bando yet. 

"Just got here in Detroit, I have my daughter with me too so we need to work fast and get this all situated like Drake had mentioned prior." 

"I agree. Come on by to bando when you're ready. Marco and Drake are already here and just waiting for you, there's not rush. Especially since you have your daughter with you. Where you staying at?" His voice stone cold just like the last time I spoke to him years ago. I always wondered why Lexis never had any connections with Emontay, this is a kid who knows just the right people to talk to when you need information. 

"Aight and I'm at the motel six that's nearest the airport. I'll be over there within the hour, just let me get things settled in here." 

"Sounds good, we'll see you within the hour." Hanging up the phone, I noticed multiple messages from Lexis, Arlie and Varo. A couple missed calls from Isabella and decided to call her back. She must have called when I was on the plane but I pressed her name and brought the phone up to my ear again. 

It rang once, twice, thrice and then to voicemail.... damn. I listened to her recording and waited for the beep. 

"Hey Isabella, it's obviously Dad. Um, I'm sorry I missed your calls, I was on the plane and dealing with some other things when you called but I tried to return your call now. I guess I'll call you later on or you can call me back when you get this message. I know we have a rocky relationship and I'm sorry for that. When I get back to Oakland we're gonna really fix it this time and not let it crumble like we currently have. I love you a lot Isabella, I'm doing what I can as of right now and I look forward to talking to you later tonight. Again, I love you very much, sweetie. Bye."

Hanging up the phone, I was upset with myself for not checking the phone right away when I set foot off the plane. I guess I was just caught up with making sure Vanessa and I got our luggage, figuring out where we- these are excuses. I should have checked but at least I know she had intent to talk to me so I'll hear from her later on tonight.