Arvika shivered more when Dev gave a dose of chill to her marrow about the biting thing. She closed her eyes in dread and spoke, "Dev please, please, remove him from my legs. I don't want to become handicapped....please....".

He loved how his name sounded so seductive yet so enchanting from her lips. He could die to hear her voice pronouncing his name a million times.

"What will I get after removing him?" he negotiated further and Arvika opened her agitated eyes. She already did what he asked but he had a long to-do list for her perhaps. She sighed heavily and whispered, "Isko hatane ka kya lenge aap?".

(What will you take to remove this?)

"Your companionship!" Dev was quick to reply and bowed down instantly on the cemented road.

"Will you be my friend?" Dev asked and this time, Arvika didn't linger for a second and promptly replied, "Yes, yes, Dev. I will be your friend but please firstly remove him from my legs otherwise what will you do with a monkey-eaten friend!". Arvika's apprehension of the baby monkey had surely made her more amusing than her normal stoic nature.

And that's how they lived happily ever after!

Dev thought and grinned from ear to ear at her prompt response. This was the first step towards their entwined destiny, Dev deduced and finally touched the monkey to remove his hold from his lady love.

"Oye bandar, chal aaja. Bahut pareshan kar lia meri Jaan ko."

(Hey monkey, come on now. Enough of your troubling caused to my love)

Dev articulated in a solemn tone but from inside he was guffawing. The monkey chattered but ultimately he left Arvika's legs. She took a deep breath of relaxation but it was for a very brief period as she was gobsmacked at the newly arrived group of some adult monkeys in front of her.

"Oh god," she whispered in despair and Dev too turned around and was astounded to see a troop of large monkeys. "F*ck," he cursed and left the baby monkey who hopped towards his family perkily.

"What would we do now?" she quivered. Arvika didn't know when she caught hold of Dev's waist whereas Dev's whole body felt like it was on the pyre. Her innocent touch was too sensual for him to endure and a painful yet pleasurable arousal surfaced his body; he closed his eyes for a second to open it again at the sound of one of the monkeys.

Fortunately, he was carrying a packet of biscuits. Just as he was about to open it to offer to them, one of the monkeys snatched it from his hand and hopped away along with the entire troop.

The duo sighed relaxedly.

"So Arvika, let's go? Or do you want a tiger's cub to hug you this time? I am sure they'll not accept a biscuit in exchange for your luscious legs!" Dev joked and out of fear, Arvika turned back towards their resort and made sure she was matching the steps of Dev for she was too dreadful of the wild now.

The rest of the day was spent sightseeing of the beautiful hill station and in the evening, the entire college students retracted back to Delhi after accumulating plenty of memorable and joyful memories.

****

Everyone was back to life with placement rounds happening every other day. Most of the companies were from the IT and CSE background as the demand for software engineers in the market was at boom. The other branches too had their core companies coming on the campus but they were very rare as compared to the number of companies from CSE background. That was the reason many students from non-CSE branches were sitting in the coding rounds, competing against their CSE pals.