Part 16: I Don't Think So

Lilith woke up to the sound of Hope panicking "Lilith! Wake up," she said while shaking her awake.

"What? Wheres Lang and Hugs?"

"You might wanna come see for yourself."

Worried she quickly got up and followed Hope downstairs. Lilith was shocked at what she saw, Hugs and Lang in the same position they died in just laying there.

"Oh..my god...how did this happen?"

"It seems like they fell from the roof."

"Why the hell would they be up there?" Lilith was freaking out "Okay..okay I need some time to process this."

Hope hugging Lilith as she hugged back tighter "Two more...now it's just us."

"What do we do now?"

"We keep moving..."

"And walk aimlessly," Lilith seemed frustrated.

"We gotta have a destination, we gotta have something to do."

Within the corner of her eye, Lilith could see someone across the street inside a display window to an antique shop. She turned her head to see Julian. He had a nasty gash on his head from the bullet wound, like Zargo dried blood stained the skin where the wound was. Lilith gasped and covered her mouth with her hand "No...no no."

She sprinted to the building as Julian walked back into the darkness of the room. Hope just stood there remembering her problem. Lilith barged in the door to see nothing inside, but the shattered glass shelves with unique antiques destroyed laying on the floor. She shook her head in disbelief, her back slid down the wall behind her until she sat down holding her hands on her head looking directly at the floor.

"Hey," he said "You look sad."

Lilith looked up to see Julian sitting behind the cashiers desk.

"Julian..I know you're not real."

"Guessing Zargo already told you about your problem."

Lilith still sat there almost in tears when she said "He did."

"Well what I'm here to tell you is where to go next."

"But I'm lost. I don't know where I am."

"That is pointless, what you do need to know is a diner about two miles down this street going straight. What you need to do is sit in the booth right next to the door when you walk in."

"What will happen there?"

"Just close your eyes for 5 seconds then open them. There you will find all the awnsers."

"What about Hope?"

"She will betray you."

"How?"

"I can't say," Julain said "Just be prepared."

"Okay sweetheart," Lilith said "I love you."

"I love you too," Julian said as he blew her a kiss to get up and walk out to the back not being seen again.

Lilith stood up and walked out of the shop. Hope stood there wondering "Who were you talking to?"

"My husband...Julian."

"What did he say?"

"Where we should go next."

"And?"

"This random diner two miles down the road."

"Why?"

"He didn't tell me. Let's just get our stuff and be on our way."

"What do you think will be there?"

"No idea," Lilith shrugged "It's better than nothing."

"I guess..."

After getting their things and coming back down they proceeded down the road. When passing Hugs and Lang, Lilith held down her head paying respects then saluting.

"It's too bad we didn't know what happened."

"Yeah," Lilith said pulling out the camera to start recording "It's July 24, 2022 at about 11:54 AM and we woke up to find Hugs and Lang dead at the ground outside in the front. It seems they fell from the roof. What I'm guessing is that one of them wanted to jump, but when trying to stop them the other fell with them. Who knows what went down..nothing we can do. Anyways after seeing my husband across the street I ran into this antique shop and confronted his when he told me to go this diner about two miles down the street for no reason.  Im doing it because it was my husband who told me and we have no where else to go. He also told me something else, but I won't say it until after it happens. Lilith out."

"What else did he tell you?"

"Don't worry about it right now. I'll tell you later."

Walking along the wasteland only seeing a few infectors, the sun beaming down on their shoulders,  sweat bleeding own their foreheads and the constant thought of what will be at the diner.

After about a mile Hope spoke "You know after all this don't you think what you're doing is ludacris?"

"How do you mean?"

"Following the orders of a dead person."

Lilith stopped walking "He wasn't just a dead person...he was my dead husband."

"I never knew him."

"And if you did you would trust him on the spot. He is that friendly."

"Never met anyone like that. I learn to not trust anyone, until you came along."

"How so? You trusted Leo."

"Because I was scared on what he would do to me. I followed him out of fear; you actually seemed like you get me somehwhere. After killing Greg my mind was set and now...its just us."

"Doesn't mean nothing can't happen between then and now..anything can happen."

"Yeah," Hope checked her chamber "I was hopefully going to you to secure my freedom and turns out that might lead to my death."

"Anything you decided to do will lead there. There's no stopping it."

"Well I can prolonge it," Hope aimed her rifle at Lilith.

"I don't think so," Lilith drew her magnum and shot Hope's chest. She fell back on the floor bleeding from the back barley alive.

"Wha.." Hope lifted her head grunting in pain

"Julian also told me you would betray me," no more hesitation to speak she shot Hope's head making brain matter splatter behind her on the pavement. No more remorse she continued to walk to the diner not knowing what she was about to experience.  No one left with her.