Part 5: The Legion

Jorge was contemplating on if he should go through with attacking the guards. Lilith was getting her weapons ready and armed while Jorge was doing the same. Greg was standing at the jail cell where the three guards, Hope and two other males, walked right in locked and loaded. Hope unlocked Greg's cell, but before that she put handcuffs on him.

"You two ready?" Hope said to them.

Jorge checked his revolver, spinning the barrel as it locked into place "Hell yeah."

Lilith cocked her pistol "Lets go."

One of the male guards grabbed Greg by the shoulder and pushed him forward down the hallway. They exited the hallway to the work stations that were completely operational with many people manning the several computers. As Greg walked by the people stopped their gaze on the screen and aimed their eyes directly on him. Jorge and Lilith followed behind and noticed some of the people were looking at them. They just kept walking along, minding their business. Going through the armory, Leo was standing at the middle of the room where the two were captured.

"You can't go out there with just your default weapons can you? Help yourself," Leo explained to them.

Jorge eased his eyes on the rifle he tried to grab earlier. Lily did the same as well. They grabbed the guns and loaded them with ammunition. Leo walked towards the door which He opened to let the group out.

Greg looked at Leo and said "Is his body still out there?"

Leo responded "No."

Greg then walked out first followed by Hope and the other two guards then finally Lilith and Jorge. Soaking in the fresh air Greg almost started to cry, but sucked it up and began to walk. A few infectors were on the street next to the building and with ease Hope ran up to knife one in the back of the head while the other two guards drew their machetes and sliced the heads off the other two.

Lilith was curious so she asked "What are your names?"

Hope looked at her and responded "I'm Hope," she pointed to the guards and introduced them "The taller guy is Lucas and the shorter one is Scar, due to the scar on his face."

Scar spoke with a rough German accent "We can introduce ourselves."

"My bad."

Lucas didn't say a word, but kept walking with Greg.

"He is a mute," Scar informed.

"Ah I see," Jorge gave Scar a handshake to formally introduce himself "I'm-"

He was interrupted by Hope "We know who you are."

"Oh yeah...that's right."

Progressing on their walk down the street Lilith gazed her eyes at everyone simply thinking. They kept walking along the road which was abandoned, trashed, and burned to hell. They encountered some infectors, which they killed with no problem. It finally came to the moment where they all were finally far from the base. Lilith  aimed her gun at the back of Hope's head and yelled "STOP!" Lucas and Scar aimed their weapons at Hope with Lilith behind her, "Both of you drop your weapons, you too Hope." 

Slowly they eased their weapons to the ground, but Jorge had other plans; he aimed his gun at Lilith "You need to stop," Jorge waved his gun to make sure the others didn't pick their gun up. Greg turned around with content on his face. "Release Greg from his bounds and give him a weapon."

The rest were a bit hesitant until Jorge yelled "Do it or the mute dies!" Aiming his gun directly at Lucas. Hope questioned his motives "What do you plan to do with us after he is unbound?"

"You are at our whims," Jorge responded "We don't kill you and you don't kill us. Deal?"

Hope nodded and Lucas cut off Greg's binds. Scar unequipped his pistol and handed it to Greg "That's all you get," Scar said.

Greg checked the magazine and the chamber to make sure there was ammo in it, he scoffed and said "That's all I need."

"Then let's get moving shall we?" Lilith said.

"Consider yourselves lucky," Jorge told the guards "Our original plan was to kill you without hesitation."

Hope sighed and chuckled "And you would have fooled us. Now we are at an agreement right?"

Greg said "That is until we get to my camp."

******************

Lilith took out the camera and began recording "Hello once again. Days have no meaning anymore, its just another day for us to survive. Anyways The Order Society allowed us to go to Greg's base which is home to The Legion. We are with Jorge, Greg, and the guards that came with us from tOS are Hope, Scar, and Lucas. Well we have arrived at the base which looks really disguised with the environment, really smart move."

Greg interrupted with "That's because our base is the environment."

"That's about the basics of it then, will get back to you once more developments come."

Walking up to the base didn't give the guards any surprise, knowing that they live like this. 

"It's not as bad as you may think."

The settlement included ruined buildings which were attached to each other via alleyways and fallen buildings. 

"Greg!" A female, her face completely covered by cloth wrappings and eyes covered up by a pair of solid black goggles also wearing a hood, jumped down from the lookout post which was on top of a one story part of the ruins "What the fuck are those fuckers doing here?" she said with a Spanish accent.

"They escorted us halfway while my new friends Jorge and Lilith helped in getting me unbound from them. I was thinking we could lock the guards up until they either join us or rot," Greg responded.

"Good idea," the female said "Where is your brother?"

Greg shook his head "tOS captured us..."

"Ah well I'm sorry man. Come, lets take these three to a secure location."

"Yeah, well these are my new buddies Lilith and Jorge."

Jorge looked to his right and noticed something in the distance. He adjusted his eyes until he saw a hoard of infectors coming their way "Uh..guys we might wanna get inside."

Everyone looked that direction to be completely terrified. The female quickly escorted the guards inside while the rest followed. The only lights being emitted was from the flame of candles and torches lined up down the hallway from the door. No light could be seen from the front of the building through the solid door which was the only entrance inside the base. 

Greg turned towards Jorge and Lilith and said "Welcome to The Legion."