(6)Drowning Deeper in Blue

Start from the beginning

"Come sit next to me..." I whispered, hoping my voice would lull her towards me.

"You know I can't. How many times must I remind you-"

"Aurora!" I bellowed, "We're the only two people in the room. Get over here- now."

She paused; my eyes serious and my patience low. I wanted what I wanted- no questions asked.

Aurora stood up slowly; her deep red dress falling to the floor. It was the same shade as my eyes, and I couldn't help but feel like it was a symbol of my hold on her. I smiled softly at the thought- yes, she was mine.

Aurora sat down next to me, a small space between us, but I pulled her in closer. She yelped softly and huffed up her chest like a fierce kitten. I paid her no attention as I buried my face in her hair.

Vanilla and Brown sugar.

Would anything ever smell as good?

"How's the head?"

I cringed. My voice was soft as I mumbled against her thick, blonde tresses; "Painful."

Her giggle was angelic. I shivered and wrapped her up closer to my chest. We stayed like this, frozen with content, for a few minutes, but not long enough to satisfy my growing desire to have her near. Aurora's arms found their way around my neck while she pressed herself closer to me. Her chin nested comfortably on my shoulder.

What's this feeling in my chest?

It felt like it was growing- feeding...

"Don't gods heal faster or something?" Her delicate voice trembled against my earlobe.

"We do, but alcohol is a very ancient and godly substance, it's been with us since time began. If you over do it- then too bad, it's not like its poison."

"Well, what about alcohol poisoning?"

I reared back my head to dryly glance at her; "Do I look mortal to you?"

Aurora rolled her eyes, but a soft smile played on her lips. I wanted to widen it.

"Did I do anything... strange?"

Aurora ran her hand through my hair, unknotting the black tendrils. I leaned my booming head against her chest and listened to her calm breathing. The pain submerged ever so slightly.

"You, Thanatos the great? Never!"

"Har-har... You're hilarious."

She chuckled, causing my head to slightly bounce against her chest. I pressed myself closer to her warmth.

Gods, yes... Where has she been all my existence?

"Well, other than drinking yourself into a stupor, throwing a book into the fire, calling me 'sugar-muffin' and 'the woman with the most beautifully shaped eyebrows'- no, you were pretty normal."

I grimaced.

Sugar-muffin? Really? Of all things...
Well done brain. You've excelled yourself.

And of all the shapely things I could compliment her on...

"Oh, wait... There was one other thing..."

I paused.

Suddenly, with a loud bellow, Aurora stared singing, causing my ears to figuratively bleed with excruciating pain.

"'Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk!'"

"NO!"