Ch.8 Make A Choice

Start from the beginning

Ava watched as Sebastian hurriedly slipped out of the room. She wanted to say something to make him stay, but nothing came and Ava wondered if it was better putting distance between them for the meantime.

A few minutes later comforting arms wrapped around Ava's crying form, and she leaned into the embrace of her mother. No words were spoken, but there weren't any necessary. Genevieve kissed Ava's temple and Ava knew that that was her way of saying she was there for her.

"Roman's on the phone. Do you want to come downstairs or are you going to lay down for a while?"

Ava wiped her cheeks and nodded softly. "I'll come downstairs."

In the living room of the cabin sat Silas and Sawyer on the couch next to their father, as he held the phone face timing with his oldest son.

Ava took a seat next to Silas, who wrapped an arm around his sister.

"Everything will be okay." He whispered, squeezing her shoulder gently.

They had always been a close-knit family, so it wasn't rare to see the twins comfort their sister or vice versa.

"Hey Av." Roman  greeted his sister.

Roman was the oldest child and a black lion shifter from south Africa. With his gold eyes, wild hair and toned body he was a guy many girls ogled.

Ava smiled at her brother, before pulling her legs to her chest and resting her chin on top of her knees.

"Anyways, she's a traditional shifter and she's marked to this guy named Colin. He's next inline for the alpha position ..." Roman continued to tell his family about his mate Delilah.

_________

That night Ava and Sebastian had quickly decided that he should sleep on the couch and she should take their bed. Sebastian still needed time to think and at the moment he didn't want to sleep in the same bed as Ava.

Ava was now cuddled up in a small chair that was pushed in the corner of the balcony. Her blonde curls were wild, as the cold night air blew strongly, though she didn't seem bothered as she continued  to read the modern version of Beauty And The Beast.

"Ava." Remy stepped onto the balcony, before taking a seat on the chair across from Ava. "I want to talk to you."

Ava set the book down, afterwards glancing at her father's serious face.

"You are a lot like Mary Jane and just like she had a connection with Max, I know you have one too."

"She liked Maddox? They were just kids back then." Ava whispered, wringing her hands.

"Once you and Maddox were just kids," Remy smiled. "But yeah she liked him. It was the night before she died. She told me that Maddox could be her prince. She wanted him to be her prince. You used to have the same dream Ava.

It's okay to want the fairytale love story, but don't lead Sebastian on if you know he's not your prince. Listen to your heart and not to the comfort of regularity you get from being with Sebastian. If you truly think he's your mate than we'll support you. But remember that every choice you make, effects not just you but Sebastian too. You are in a relationship with him and only him. Do not get involved with Maddox, if you are still dating Sebastian. I don't want you kissing two guys. Choose one or neither, because you can't have both."

Ava let her father's words sink in and they both sat there for a moment. He was right. Ava had to choose because she couldn't have both, at least not in they way she wanted both.

"I want Sebastian." Ava whispered, secretly hoping it was the right decision.

"Then make sure he knows."

_____________

Preview: 

"Are you coming, or not?"  Sara smiled, blonde hair blowing in the wind.

Maddox looked at her, and despite the two long scars that ran from her hairline to her left eyebrow, he found her  stunningly beautiful.

"Max, are you still there?" She touched his leg, brown eyes searching his hazel ones.

"Yeah, let's go." Max mustered a small smile, and followed her into the woods.
_____________

The chapters just don't seem to get longer for this story :/

I ask again: TeamAvadox OR TeamAvastian

Are you excited for the next chapter?

I seem to listen to The Fray whenever I work on this story.

_______