Long Live...Chapter 26

A/N: This chapter has a lot of dialogue, but you shouldn’t be surprised! Anyways, here’s another long chapter but hopefully it’s worth the 6-7 pages.

Enjoy!

Brandon would occasionally look at Stacey, who was scooping ice cream into the cups and cones. I had to admit she was pretty, but Brandon was just bugging me.

"Uh hello! You’re in a relationship." I said quietly yet as fierce as I could. He took a bit out of his ice cream.

"Yeah I know there’s nothing wrong with looking." He said, placing the spoonful of ice cream back into his mouth.

"Well stop and don’t think about looking at her at school." I pointed at him with my spoon. The ice cream was delicious and really creamy.

I would ask for another but I’d rather wait next time we come to celebrate. There were a few more people walking in, and an older woman came to help Stacey.

"Man I can’t believe we are going to championship game! We should have celebrated but then again it was a close game." he nodded.

"Speaking of, you need to take care of yourself tomorrow at the game. I won’t be there to yell at you so please, for me and mom." I looked at him seriously. He looked at me thoughtfully, and then nodded.

"Sure thing. I think the ice cream is totally helping my bruise. Look-" He started to lift up his jersey and everyone’s eyes snapped to his body.

"No! No, no. I’m fine Brandon, I believe you." I said quickly, before everyone started to drool. I saw Stacey blush like crazy and she tried desperately to cover it. I snapped my eyes back to Brandon who was getting even more confident as the minutes passed.

"You're in a relationship, Brandon." I hissed once again.

He snickered. "Oh whatever, besides you can't have ice cream without a show." He winked, and then he pushed the spoon into his mouth.

Brandon finished his ice cream first since he always took huge bites. After I finished mine, we walked back out to the parking lot and headed back home.

I was happy that Brandon and his team won, it was such a great game, even for a high school team. I hoped tomorrow he would do his best and stay safe. He turned on the radio and tuned into his favorite station. He tapped his finger on the wheel as he drove into the dark streets with tall trees that overshadowed the streets, creating a dense, dark scenario.

"So where are you going tomorrow?" I asked him, trying not to have a flashback into the night at the forest.

"Centrestone, it's at least an hour and a half away from here without traffic." He paused.

"What about you? Are you going to the festival with Tori?" He asked. Well I couldn't lie but he didn't have to know all the details.

"She's not going because she's visiting her family over at New York." His eyes widened as his head snapped to me.

"Lucky." he huffed, once his head moved back to facing the road. Brandon went to New York once when we visited our dad during the summer, but that was well over eight years ago.

"Yeah, anyways, I'm going with a few of my friends, like Gwen, Lynda...all of them." I lied, but I was still confident about it. I couldn't let my voice falter.

"Okay, promise me you'll be home before ten, there's weirdo’s out there and if anything happens to you I'm-"

I cut in before he had the chance to finish his sentence. "Don't worry. I think I should be the one worrying about you. Besides you know me, I'm the one usually responsible for you and your friends." I added. I say responsible, Brandon says I'm not that fun. Whatever it is he trusts me which is all I wanted for events like these.