Long Live...Chapter 3

During the weekend, I didn’t have enough time to go out and shop with Tori, something we used to do before I joined two AP classes this year. Even during the breaks. I don’t think a regular teen life consists of homework and no “free” time. I shook my head. I’m not going to screw up my Saturday just because some teachers have the audacity to assign us homework over the weekend. But knowing myself, I'll probably end up doing homework later.

I quickly changed into something casual today. But after looking through the window, I should at least throw over a sweater. I went with the casual look which meant skinny jeans, converse and a long sleeve shirt which looked like the ones baseball players use since the sleeves were a navy blue color. I grabbed whichever sweater in my closet my eyes landed on first and walked downstairs. 

They were still down there. I heard the commotion once I opened my door. Can’t they go back home, I questioned myself.

I planned on calling Tori but I don’t remember where I left my phone. I tapped my front and back pockets, hoping there would be a square object somewhere. Nope. I walked downstairs, and saw the guys compose themselves, obviously not wanting me or Brandon to see since he was nowhere in sight.  They chuckled as I rummaged through, trying to find my phone.

“Did you guys take my phone?” I asked, remembering last night how I left my phone on the couch. The same exact couch they sat on. Trent cackled while the others tried to compose their face. I didn't need a lie detector to know they had my phone.

“Nope…”But I knew they had it. Their shameless smiles said it all.

“Fine keep it. But if you add your numbers in there, I will delete them and tell Brandon how you guys were being jerks to me.” I smiled sweetly and walked to our home phone which hanged on the wall next to the kitchen. I dialed Tori’s number which I knew by heart, and luckily she answered.

“Yello?”

“Yello?” I asked. Who says that?

“Huh?”I couldn’t help but to grin. 

“It’s me Amanda. Just wondering if you’re doing anything today.”

Tori sighed in a relieved manner. “Oh, hi Amanda. Umm, no not really. Just finishing Kragen’s homework.” She said, obviously not wanting to do her homework. Her tone spoke for itself.

“Well just leave it for tomorrow, let’s hang out.” The boys started to laugh abruptly, which made me flinch and close my eyes to avoid the noise.

Tori gasped after the boys had settled. “Who’s that? Guys!” She squealed. I rolled my eyes. You’ve got to be kidding me. “I’ll be there, don’t move!” She instantly hung up on me. Thanks friend, glad you’re coming to see me, I thought sarcastically.

After five minutes Tori appeared in front of me, wearing a very cute tunic with leggings. It was surprising to see her this early. Well if there's boys at the house then Tori must be there too.

“Hi Amanda, oh hi guys!” She greeted as she walked herself in. They all smiled friendly at her, but I think she took it the wrong way. Granted Tori was cute, but there's something about jocks that don't do well with crazy. And let me just say, Tori was not your normal gal. She sat in the loveseat next to the huge couch they all sat on. Brandon suddenly appeared from the hall. Once he saw Tori his eyes widened. He strolled over to me and whispered in my ear.

“What the hell is she doing here?” He asked, pouting. I shrugged as I watched her cross her legs as she sat next to Robert, “I hate when girls come over here for my friends, and not me!.” He said hissed quietly, pouting once again.

“Oh be quiet, and go treat our guest with some lemonade.” I slapped his stomach and walked over to them as she huffed out a sigh. If he thinks that girls should do all the work then he has another thing coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(Monday Morning)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up, dreading Monday already. I pushed myself up, blinded from the sun’s rays and walked towards the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face to avoid any sign of tiredness. Once I walked out of the small bathroom, I walked towards my wardrobe and picked out my outfit for the day. Living in Maine was...interesting. We were in the winter season so days grew colder as it elapsed. Peeking outside through the window, I saw the wind shake the trees. The thought of being out there made me shiver. I loved Maine for many reasons. I mean the streets and buildings are European architectures, since Maine was one of the thirteen colonies.I loved the beaches and what nature seemed to offer every season.

I picked out my denim jeans, my leather boots, a gray loose shirt, and my forest green jacket. I pulled all that over, adding a black scarf around myself. Make-up was something I enjoyed to use, even though I only used mascara to enhance my eyelashes. After I brushed my brown hair, I realized it was finally starting to get wavy and volumized. I wasn’t sure if I should put in up in a ponytail. Eh, I’ll deal with that later. I grabbed a hair tie and slipped it on my wrist, grabbing my bag along with my folder as I walked down the stairs.

Brandon was ready to go, his keys in his hands. He wore a navy blue jacket over a white thermal and his denim jeans. He smiled at me as I walked down the stairs.

"Morning Mandy." he greeted as he threw me my keys.

My eyes widened as the keys flew closer to me. "Good morning, Brandon." I said right when the keys landed perfectly in my hands.

"Ready to go?" he asked, assuring if I had everything.

"Yep." With that we walked outside, where Brandon climbed into his Altima and I got in my Camry. I started the car and waited for Brandon to go first. My house was also European influenced, just like the rest of Maine, especially with the balcony in my room and the green leaves crawling up the walls. It looked interesting with all the green and full leaves crawling randomly on the exterior walls.

I followed Brandon, driving down the street, and then turning to the left. Gray Peak High wasn’t far, probably ten minutes away, but it consisted of going on the freeway unless you want to get stuck in school traffic. Now that was a pain.

One of the reasons why Brandon and I drove in separate cars was because afterschool, Brandon and Emily would spend "quality time" with each other. And also, this was my mom’s car but since she’s gone, she decided it would be best if I used her car. Brandon also has football practice afterschool for the season and I don’t wish to stay at school for four hours. I turned on the radio as I carefully kept my eye on the road, tuning into my playlist on my phone. I hummed along to the songs I knew until we reached my high school: home of the wolves. 

I parked my car on my paid parking lot, next to Tori's. The school had a classical architecture with green plants surrounding it. The peach-colored exterior walls were freshly painted since our school was about 30 years old and needed a touch up. It was a large high school; we had indoor courts, pools and a gymnasium.

Once I stepped outside my car with my bag, I locked the car, loving the siren noise it does when it locks. Out of no where I felt strong yet thin arms wrapped around me. It was Tori, her short blonde hair and jolly-self was readable.

"Someone looks mighty pretty today." she said playing with my scarf.

"Thanks." I said, yanking my scarf away.

"So remember what Mr. Darrow told us, about our project?" I nodded as we walked to the main entrance of the school, which was straight ahead of us. Of course I couldn’t remember, it was on a Friday when he instructed us about our projects. But because she was Tori, she obviously knew I was lying.

"Okay, well I want to partner up with Chris Drobe, Eric Walker or James Ashe!" she squealed, "So if you get any of them switch with me because I would totally love to do a project with them.” I didn’t know the last name she told me. James Ashe...sounded like a name I'd hear on a movie about a mission. Wait...that's James Bond. Well it sounded somewhat like it. I'm sure she'll get one of the boys, Tori has amazing luck. I guess I'll have to deal with whoever I got. I mean, how bad could it be?