Long Live...Chapter 22

• Dedicated to To those with big secrets... :P

Authors note: I have been editing my own work and trying to fix all the typos and what-not. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and remember to vote/comment/ and fan if you love any of my chapters or the story. Let me know what you guys think!

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”

― Mae West

I parked in my assigned parking space. Still no sign of Tori.

It was such a beautiful day, not a cloud in sight. I wish every Monday started out this way because it was the best way to start off the weekend.

Since the day was different than the other previous days, I decided to get out of my car and walk towards the school, which I haven't done in a while since it's been cold.

I made sure I had my bag and my keys, and locked my car. I walked straight ahead, of course taking precaution and looking both ways, that sort of stuff. I unconsciously walked past James's car, and I didn't even know if he was in there. I didn't necessarily walk past his car, just a few parking spaces down, but it was enough to see his car. I finally stepped on the grass that started before I even reached the school.

I wondered how it would be like today. Knowing James's secret was hard to sink in. It was unbelievable. What was hard was believing it. I knew for sure that he is immortal, but just thinking of how "normal" he seemed compared to the gorgeous immortal guy standing before me didn't make sense. It just didn't click in my head. Would he even want to talk to me? Or would he just move on and avoid the awkward silences? What happened that night was incredible yet unreadable. He pressed his forehead onto mine. I remembered how his breath lingered on my lips, and how he told me he knows what he wants.

I snapped out of the flashback and I realized I was still walking. A couple of my friends waved at me, and of course I greeted them back. Gosh, I hope I didn't "ignore" my friends when they passed by me during my flashback. I don’t need enemies.

I wasn't sure how to act when I encountered him. My heart started to pump a more upbeat rhythm, which kept going until I walked into fourth period.

Just breathe, Amanda, just act normal and casual like you always do. I thought. I pushed the door open, swallowing in the process. My eyes acted like waves as I looked around the classroom. Mr. Darrow was on the computer, looking bored as his eyes scanned at different places. Tori was sitting down in the chair next to mine. She smiled as she caught my glimpse. I then trailed to the back. He was there. His eyes were on the book, but once I had my eyes on him, his eyes rolled up to mine. It was eerie the way his fixed his eyes. His amber eyes scanned me over as I walked over to my seat. His face was unreadable because it was composed so naturally. He didn't seem angry or happy.

Oh boy, here we go.

I sat down and grinned weakly at Tori as she eyes James.

"So, what's up?" she asked as her eyes fixed on me.

"Nothing, why do you ask?" I said quietly, not trusting my voice.

"Mmm, I dunno. Maybe because I saw that look when you were looking at James." She whispered. My face turned red.

"Can you please keep that question until later?" I forced. She raised her hands.

"Okay! Sheesh. Anyways, are you going to the festival over at Oak beach this Wednesday?" she asked. Oh shoot! The festival. At Oak Beach, every year, they would set up games, food, dances, and many other social activities, which was so much fun. Brandon would take me along with his friends and some of mine. It was a fun time, especially at the beach! There was also a bridge from Maine to a small delta that was just a few feet away.