Chapter 10: A Bright Future

"...with your daughter's approval, our daughter's approval. I'd like to ask you Emily Prentiss..." he said as he got down on one knee.

"...Will you marry me?" He asked with the opened box in hands.

The entire room went silent. Everyone waited anxiously for the answer.

Emily was speechless for a while.
She took a deep breath and in that moment the world seemed to have stopped. She also couldn't imagine her life without him there. She had never felt like that, she had never thought of marrying someone or made plans of a long future with someone but her special someone was right there and there was only one thing to say.

"Yes" Emily smiled. "Yes" she laughed.

Everyone cheered. Penelope and Hilary were crying and everyone in that room was smiling.

Derek got up and hugged Emily. He placed the ring on Her finger and kissed her lips. Then he let go and picked Bella up and hugged Emily again. Isabella had so many tears streaming down her face, she was so happy she didn't even care to wipe them.

"You approve?" Emily asked her.

"A thousand percent yes!" Bella said and everyone laughed. Derek put her down and kissed Emily again.

Suddenly the pizza arrived.

"The food is here" Chloe told her mom and everyone laughed. JJ and Will went to the door.

"you're getting married!" Bella said and hugged her mother. Everyone laughed.

"Congrats" Rossi told Derek as Penelope ran and hugged Emily.

"Finally a wedding!!" Penelope cheered and everyone laughed. Everyone was so happy.
Happy that Chloe was home safe and happy the couple had engaged. Isabella was all smiles the entire night. They watched movies and ate pizza and candy. Everyone had a great time. Around 11, people started to leave. Hilary felt a little bad about staying there since they had just got engaged so she asked Derek if he was sure about it. He had already explained the situation to Emily and both insisted that she stayed. So at around midnight Hilary went upstairs with her girls so they could get ready for bed and left Derek, Emily and Bella alone in the living room.

"Hey! come here" Emily said and Bella got up from the floor and sat on her mother's lap. "Are you okay?" Emily asked.

Bella nodded.

"Still a little scared about what happened to Chloe?" Derek asked.

"Yeah... I guess." Bella said. "But I'm okay. I'll be okay. And I'm really happy you'll get married" she said and suddenly her eyes filled with tears.

"Why the tears baby?" Emily asked as Bella hid on her.

"I don't know, I'm just happy" Bella cried.

"So these are happy tears?" Derek asked.

"Yeah" Bella said.

"Sit up" Emily said and Bella did as told. "We love you" Emily said and wiped Bella's face.

"And you know what else I love?" Derek asked.

"What?" Bella said.

"That amazing chocolate ice cream that is on the fridge." He said with a smile and asked "who's with me?"

"I am" Bella smiled. He picked her up from Emily's lap.

"Why not?" Emily smiled and they went to the kitchen. Derek placed Bella down and they sat to eat together, just the three of them.