Chapter 2: Sleeping Together

The next morning, Derek and Emily woke up with the loud noise of the alarm clock.

"Good morning" Emily smiled at Morgan. He wrapped her in his alarms.

"Can't we just stay like this?" Derek asked.

"I wish" Emily smiled. "But we have bad guys to catch" she said.

"Ugh" Derek said hugging her tighter and she laughed.

"Come on we gotta go" she said and they got up. Emily walked to the closet as Derek went to the bathroom. He was showering when she entered the bathroom.
"Wanna join?" Derek asked with a grin.

Emily laughed and said "we're gonna be late". She brushed her teeth and washed her face and headed out. Derek finished and she went in quickly. Morgan put his pants on and went to prepare breakfast.

A while later, Emily walked in the kitchen and smiled when she saw Derek standing at the stove, making something that smelled delicious, with a dish towel slung over his shoulder.

"Do you always cook shirtless?" She asked as she walked over to him.

Derek looked over his shoulder and smiled, leaning down and waiting expectantly until she leaned in and kissed him. "Only for you" he said jokingly as he turned back to what he was preparing.

"We don't have much time" she said, standing on her tip toes behind him and resting her chin on his shoulder, looping her arms around his waist.

"It's almost done" he smiled.

Emily looked at the stove and laughed "pancakes?" She asked.

"Chocolate chips pancakes" Derek said proudly.

"You know Bella is at Penelope's right?" Emily said letting go of him and standing next to him.

"We don't need to use B as an excuse to eat pancakes. Besides I know this is your favorite" he said and she smiled. He looked at her and smiled back. "Get the plates" he said.

Emily grabbed everything and soon enough they sat down to have a quick breakfast together.
Once Emily finished eating she checked the clock.
"We're late now" she said a little worried. Derek quickly finished as Emily went and got her bag.

"bring mine!" Derek yelled out as he took the dishes to the sink.

Soon enough Emily made her way back with their bags and they headed to work.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

At Penelope's house Isabella had a great time. They watched a movie and had pizza and candy, then they played on Garcia's Nintendo Switch and around 10:30 went to bed.
In the morning, Garcia woke the child up with waffles waiting. The kid got ready, they ate and headed out.

.

"I'll see you later" Bella said as she hugged Penelope goodbye.

"See you, monkey" Garcia smiled and kissed Bella's cheek. The kid got out of the car and headed to the school. When she got at the top of the steps she turned and waved. Penelope waved back with a big smile and drove away.

The day at school went really well. Isabella joined her friends inside the classroom and they started talking about the choir auditions that would happen in a couple days.
Suddenly Mazzy walked in. She looked really embarrassed and unsure if she should sit with them.

"Mazzy!" Chloe said. The girl looked up. "Come sit with us" she said. Mazzy gave her a little thankful smile and went to sit on the seat beside Gavin.

"Hi" Bella said a little shy.