Chapter 1: First Month

That Monday marked the one month anniversary of Emily living in her new house, in Washington D.C, after being away hiding from Ian Doyle.
It had also been 1 month since the first time she kissed Derek Morgan. She never thought she'd date a colleague but their relationship was going strong and her daughter couldn't be any happier.

She woke up that Monday morning and went to wake up her daughter to get ready for school. It was Isabella's first day of 4th grade and the kid was feeling nervous.

"Mom, but what if they still look at me differently because of what happened?" The 9 year-old asked as Emily braided her hair. She was nervous because the kids knew about her mom's work and that she had left her.

"Chloe, Gavin and Rose will be there. You're gonna be fine" Emily said with a smile, talking about the girl's best friends.

Bella smiled but Emily knew she was still nervous. So Emily wrapped the small girl in her arms. She knew Bella had been through a lot. Losing her dad, getting bullied, being torture by Doyle and specially Emily leaving really took a tool on her.

"Everything is going to be okay" Emily told the girl.

They hugged for a while and then Emily let go. "Go get your backpack" she said and Bella ran to her room to get it.
She walked downstairs all ready. Emily smiled at how cute her kid looked wearing uniforms.

"First day of school picture" Emily said.

"Ugh" Bella made a face not really wanting it.

"Come on. Your dad asked me to" Emily said and Bella gave in and posed for a picture.

They headed to the car.
"Here. Send it to him" Emily smiled handing her phone to the girl. Bella got it and texted Derek Morgan.

It had been a little over a month since she started calling him dad but over 5 that she felt like he was her second father. She absolutely loved the fact that Emily was dating him. She loved when he went over to their house, their movie nights and ice cream dates. She loved him so much and she was happy that her mom was happy too.

"Mom said you wanted this so I made an effort to take one. :)"

.

Derek was pouring himself some coffee at the LA police station.
"Good morning princess. And thank you" he sent.

"Will you come back today?" Bella asked.

"Don't know. Hard case" he sent.

Bella made a face when she read.

"What's with the face?" Emily asked her when she noticed.

"He probably won't come back today" Bella said.

"He'll come back soon" Emily said.

"I know" Bella said. "I'm just glad you're not on the field anymore" she breathed out.

Emily gave her girl a fake smile.
She liked the hours she had at work now but she missed the field. She didn't really know why. She had been thinking of talking to Isabella about going back on the field. But right there she saw the girl was not really ready for that yet. So she dropped Bella off at school and headed to the BAU.

CMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCMCM

"Hello Mama Bear! How was the school dropout today?" Penelope said as soon as Emily walked in the bullpen.

"She was nervous but went in just fine" Emily smiled.

"That's my girl" Garcia smiled.

Emily smiled back and asked "any good news for me?"