۶ Prophecy

Noira's POV   (Present)

I exhaled the cold air slowly. My heart felt still heavy but as a joke, my muscles rested as I would have just floated on the waves of eternity. I have never felt so much peace, while hot tears took their way across my cheeks slowly. The space what surrounded me was full of millions of little stars and distant worlds. Maybe my eyes played with me. I reached my hands, but could not touch them, it was like a dream. Little lights and colorful spots blurred my vision, making me blank, so I closed my eyes slowly, and was just watching the light patches, as they were changing in a beautiful dance.

I started to feel my body's weight again. Suddenly a soft wind lifted my dark locks. I knew now, I was falling.

My eyes opened wildly from fear, but then closed again. There was nothing to do with it, after all. I couldn't do anything, but wait for death or life. Opening my eyes next time, the shiny spots disappeared and I felt chilling snow everywhere. I hitched my breath. Did I fail it?

Sitting up gingerly, I touched the bare skin of my abdomen. No, there wasn't snow anywhere. The freezing cold came from my own pores. I shivered and looked at my several injures. They were almost fully healed, thanks for my elven blood.

I stood up slowly and took a look around. It had to be late night, because I could hardly see anything in the dark. I looked up at the sky. It was like a great black ocean, filled with a million little lights and a noble planet in the middle.

Oh, how beautiful you are  - I stared at the full moon.

The night forest seemed like a living, loud creature. I knew I wans't alone, but I didn't know what kind of races were looking at me from the shadow. Was there anything in the near anyway? A village, a town, a camp? There was no time to think now, I had to keep going. I felt, if I had stopped now, my thoughs would have eaten me alive. I had to go, till I wanted to survive. I cleared my mind, and looked forward.

The growing panic constricted my stomach. I lived my life as a warrior, alone and without anybody to help. I simply went for a hunt if I got hungry and was searching for a river if I didn't have enough water to drink. I could protect myself perfectly. Earlier. Being afraid was a strange and rare condition. But I didn't know this world. And I did not like it.

Ah, come on, Noira, you have to move once!

I started my way cautiously, realising that the laws of physics worked in this area too. Maybe this place wasn't so different from mine. As I was walking in the dark forest for an hour long, I was honestly glad, I had my weapons. My legs hurt a little, and I was sure, they were broken from hitting the ground, but my self-healing ability was still working, it hurt less and less with every step.

The late summer air could have been pleasant to everybody, but not me. Where I came from, the eternal winter ruled, I didn't meet this warm weather before. I had to clean my face from the sweat. I breathed heavily and had to take a pause. I sat down, leaning to a bole for a minute. Then I started to climb higher and higher. I hoped it was cooler there.

It wasn't actually, but as I arrived to the top, a tiny light appeared in the woods, not so far from me.

Maybe a camp! I need water anyway, thanks God!

Birds suddenly flew away as I jumped down to the ground and started to run to the unknown. When I was in the near, hid in a bush to look at the hosts. I was surprised as discovered, I knew this race from my world.

'Orcs' I said it out loud, and they turned their faces to my direction. There were only men, not a single woman or child, it was strange. They were sitting around the great camp fire and eating some deer or horse, it wasn't visible from this far. I straightened and stepped to them.

'I came in peace. I need water and some food to continue my journey.' there was no answer, they just stood up and stared at me. 'I would be glad, if you could give some information to me about my whereabouts too.' I finished and bowed. They looked at me and each other with big eyes.

There were almost a hundred guys and nobody answered. It pissed me up. I made eye contact with one of them and commanded him firmly. 'Show me where your chieftain is!' then I got my answer, it was an arrow, flying next to my ear. I grasped my swords immediately and was ready for the upcoming fight. It was more then sure, they were not from the friendly part of that race. Such a pity, when I was so thirsty.

A cold feeling on my neck warned me - not to daydream at the moment -, and I focused on the present once again. I quickly turned back and in the same time, slayed the attacking orc behind me. Then his three or four mates came, but I immediately cut them down. It was easy, I started to calm down. Everything was in it's place. An orc cannot kill an elf, no way. That was the point, when the others started to inquire. The horde moved as one. Turning right, turning left, my blades slayed everything in their way, as usual. Unfortunately, my armor hid only small parts of my form - on my hips and chest - and for now, my white skin was black from the fresh orc blood.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my stomack, and touched it. I was bleeding. How could this happen? I was a high-qualified warrior! A living legend! I started to panic again. Not so clever activity while you are fighting for your life.

What if my power doesn't work in this world, as before? What's with the warm? I feel weakness in my legs. This never happened before! But... I can't kill this enemy only with my swords. If I can not use my spells, I'll surely die!

I was tired and they were over-numbered. I needed to save myself. After a deep breath, I felt the well-known tingling in my hands. I threw my weapons away and focused my power to the fingertips. The orc blades were only an inch from me when I put my hands up and felt the icy energy leaving me. Its blue light found its way to the enemy and after a second, they stopped moving. All of them. Mind-freezing always helps!

I exhaled and closed my eyes. It worked. My powers worked. Now I had a minute to do something really deadly. I tried to collect all of my remaining strength. The energy slowly left my hands, arms, and gathered in my chest. Clearly, I was weaker now, but still tried to use my magic harder and harder.

Maybe I'll die soon, but for God's sake, I will surely not be the dinner of anybody!

The pressure in my chest grew and an ice shield appeared around my form. The air was frozen and the cool blowing wind was forming an orb around me. The orcs started to find their consciousness and attacked with their axes in that very moment. Their eyes widened, as the weapons stopped in that very moment, they met the strong ice wall. I had one chance. My spell will destroy the shield too. If it won't kill the beasts aswell, it's over.

I silently murmured the phrases, as I placed my hands on my chest. The cold storm was tearing my tresses and cleaned the black blood away from my skin. I was literally lighting in the dark. I roared as the destroying winter storm left me, forming a solid growing orb, broke my shield into a million little ice shard and killed everything in its way.

°°

Opening my eyes I saw the light blue sky above and the great sun. It made my blind for a moment... Wait.

Am I lying on the ground?

I pushed myself up and for a long minute saw the butchery I'd done. I could be proud, after all. Anyhow... The air started to get too warm to me again, and my several new injuries made me even weaker than I was before. My stomach was still bleeding and I had some cut on the back and arms too. I knew I'm healed soon, but now I had to move to somewhere from this damned place.

I started to walk again, not in a straight line, but nearly forward. My strenght was enough to keep me walking, at least. The forest seemed so different now. In the sunlight it was... almost lovely. Almost happy. Birds were singing their beautiful songs and the great foliages made little shadows on the grass. Oh but not enough.

Damn you, warm!

I was thinking again. I wrote into my virtual note, maybe in this world, orcs are not so friendly with my elven race. How should I have known that?! Please, sending an arrow without a single word?

At that very moment an arrow flown next to my other ear. It made me laugh.

Not again... please.