oranges

Stiles went into the apartment and got back into bed, until he realized that Lydia wasn't next to him. he got out of bed again and went to the kitchen. no Lydia. he went to the living room, no Lydia. both bathrooms, no Lydia. her car still parked in the driveway, his next move was to call her. after three times of trying to reach her, there was still no answer. Stiles started to panic and visited Scott in the guest bedroom,"Lydia's gone and she's not answering her phone."
Scott looked at his best friend,"you know girls, they do this kind of stuff, i'm guessing she just needs to be alone."
Stiles shook his head no,"Lydia doesn't do that kind of stuff, she's not like that."
Scott sighed,"she's been through a lot. you can call her tomorrow morning."
Stiles left the room and went back to his room. he laid on Lydia's side of the bed, wondering where she had gone, what she was doing. sleep over took him and then it was morning. Lydia was still gone. he went to the bathroom and took a long, warm shower, maybe by the time he was done, Lydia would be waiting for him. but she wasn't.
he put on some pants and went back into the bathroom to put lotion on his face but something caught his eye. a note sat on the bathroom counter with his name on it, it was Lydia's elegant handwriting.
Dear Stiles,
i'll be gone for a few days but don't worry. i'm in good hands. i love you, baby and i'll see you soon. don't miss me too much and don't forget to eat your oranges!
love your girl,
Lydia Martin Stilinski

he started to hyperventilate. he threw on a shirt and took the note to Scott,"read this, now!"
he put his spoon back in his cereal and opened the letter,"what's wrong with this? she's telling you she's okay."
Stiles hit the table,"but she's not okay. our code word for danger is oranges. she's in trouble, Scott."
Scott stood up,"oh god."
and then the doorbell rang. Stiles opened it and slapped the person. the person was Malia,"why are you here, you rat!"
Malia ignored Stiles,"is Scott here?"
Stiles grabbed her shoulders,"what'd you do to her, Malia? where's Lydia?"
Malia's eyes narrowed,"what're you talking about?"
"you took her, didn't you?"
"no..."
Scott stood up for her,"she didn't take Lydia, Stiles."
Stiles turned around to face him,"how can you be so sure?"
Scott smiled and looked at Malia,"she's changed."
"don't you dare tell me you two are together."
Malia answered,"we're not together, but we're friends."
Scott announced,"Malia's over you, Stiles. she promised she'd leave you and Lydia alone."
Stiles looked betrayed,"why didn't you tell me, Scott?"
"i thought you would get mad."
"i'm not mad, i just need to find Lydia," he started to tear up.

days passed and there was still no signs of Lydia. Stiles was starting to lose hope and all the strength he had inside of him was gone. he sat in his bedroom, looking through the book Lydia made of wedding plans, wishing she was there with him. there was a knock on the door and it opened slowly, it was Lydia. he put the book down and stood up as he ran to her, smashing his lips against her,"where were you? are you okay?"
"i'm fine, but i'd be worried about yourself."
"what?"