“Im Calum and this is Ashton”  the dark haired boy said as he sat pointing at Ashton.
There was an awkward silence before the bell rang. I walked with Luke as we split up I went to my classes and thank god it was half day but no lunch and just like that school was over.

 I was standing by my locker waiting for Luke to show up so we could leave when from the corner of my eye I saw Calum and Ashton walking in our direction. I don’t know why but I got nervous all of a sudden maybe it was because I use to have this crush on Calum when I was like 15.

Two years ago and it only lasted like four months. So it was nothing big, but I could not understand why  I was getting so nervous, though I knew I had no more feelings for him.

“Hello Emma”.
“Hey guys”  I said trying and be cool.

Em, you don’t like him anymore I said to myself.

“We were just wondering if we can come over to get a head start on the project” Ashton spoke up.

“Yeah of course my parents are working late so yeah, let me just call Michael and tell him to meet us at the front gate”

“Who’s going to meet us at the front gate?”  said Luke a bit loud as I jumped up.
“Fuck!! Luke don’t fucken do that again! And Michael, we are all going to my house to get a head start on the project.” I said forgetting that Luke was behind him.

“UGH.. really…  today? Cant we do that tomorrow or something. I had to see that idiot all day, now spend most of an evening with him? Why do you like torturing me Emm?!”Luke exaggerated a little loud to dramatically. I rolled my eyes and kept on trying to call Michael but he didn’t he didn’t pick up.
just then a saw Michael walking out of school with a tall brunette.

I wonder if that was his girlfriend?

“Hey guys do you know if that’s Michaels girlfriend?” I asked the three boys who I guess didn’t hear me because they where to busy on their phones.
“GUYS!”
“What Em?” Luke said looking up from his phone.
“Is that Michael’s girlfriend?” I asked again kinda annoyed.

“I said is that Michaels girlfriend?” I said louder and pointing at Michael and the brunette.

Calum looked up and saw to were a was pointing.
“I think so ive seen them together this whole month” he replied looking back at his phone.
“OK well looks like he's not going to be able to come. Lets go you guys. Vamos en la zapato!” I said confident walking to the gate.

They all started to laugh all of a sudden I stop to looked around to see what they were laughing at.
“What’s so funny?” I said looking at them.
“Emma you just said Lets go on the shoe! Hahaha” Ashton said in between his laugh. At that moment I felt my hole face turn as read as a stop sign
“Lets go” I half whispered and started walking to the gates.

The boys started to follow me and as I got my phone out and looked up they were in front of me walking. We were walking to my house and it just consisted of Ashton, Luke, and Calum laughing loudly for no apparent  reason. I didn’t know what they were talking about because I had my headphones on and Luke knew that when I had both of them on I didn’t really want to talk to anyone. They kept talking to each other and occasionally turn around to see if I was still there. Obviously I was because we were going to my house. Luke lead the way cause my house was like his second home.

When we got to my home I had told Ashton and Calum to make their selves at home because Luke was already heading to the couch. I went to my room and put some sweat pants and a plain white t on. The rest of the evening ended up just being the boys bonding over bands they liked and talking about how they should make a band themselves.

So basically we did no work and I was like a ‘third’ wheel on the bromance they were starting to develop. It was getting late and the boys had to go home, Calum and Ashton got there things and walked to the door I went to let them out.

“ Bye guys see you tomorrow” I yelled at Calum and Ashton as they walked out of the door waving back.
“I like them Em” Luke announced as he watched them walk out.
“Looks like you guys were having a bromance moment” I laughed.

“What if we were? They are cool guys, and we have so much in common, and you know that Ash plays the drums and Cal the guitar”
“Ash and Cal? You guys are already on nickname bases WOW!! You guys better take it slow don’t want to get to third base in the first week!!” I laughed while walking over to him.
“You are sooo funny Em. I could easily tell Cal that you use to have a huge crush on him in year 9.” he said laughing and making a serious face.

“THAT WAS TWO YEARS AGO LUKE!!!” I shouted in embarrassment as he walked over to get some pizza.

“But you still have some feelings for him, don’t you?” he asked while his mouth was full of leftover pizza.
“Don’t talk with your mouth full of food Luke!!” I tried to change the subject.

“Don’t change the subject Emma. You still have feelings for him. Just admit it and I will not touch this subject again”  he said stuffing more pizza into his big mouth.
“Luke but I don’t-“ I said looking away

“he likes you, you know!” he said and with that I was caught off guard.
“What!!”  I shouted at him. “how do you know”

“He told me that he wanted to get to know you because he has been crushing on you for a while now. So he thought that this assignment would be a perfect opportunity” he said raising his eye brows.

I was speechless I didn’t know what to say. All I know is that these meetings were going to be a little more awkward now and that was the last thing I wanted them to be, awkward.
“W-when did he tell you” I was stumbling on my, words still shocked.

“On our way her Em duh….” Luke was taking this pretty easy, despite the fact that he has scared away my last boyfriend. No he literally scared him away. The night he left Luke and him, they had a conversation about who knows what. The next morning I had woken up to a text saying it it was over and he had moved to England.

“Luke, so you didn’t tell him I used to like him?” I asked, I little concern
“Em, I practically just told you I didn’t! But seeing as you care so much about this topic I am guessing you still like him” he laughed. I stayed quiet for a while.

Do I still like Calum? No that was just a minor crush, nothing serious, but I did get nervous today after school when they were approaching me.

“Em Em EMMA!!” luke shouted on the top of his lungs as I covered me ears.
“What Luke!!”  I shouted back.
“what were you thinking of you were like in another world or something?” he said smiling

but I knew this was not a question because he knew what I was exactly thinking of.

“that you should leave now because its getting late” I said starting to push him out the door.
“My mom told your mom that I could stay over if I we wanted to, I mean I practically live here anyways”  he said throwing him self on me I could barely keep him up.
‘'whatever." I said walking up the stairs.

" you know what to do” he said yelling up the stairs.

" I know. " I yelled back while I got to my room, I took out the extra mattress from under my bed and positioned it beside the bed. I remember the first time Luke brought the matters over my mother was freaking out but after he explained to her to  that he didn’t like sleeping on the floor and that it was just for when he stayed over.

I fixed everything and waited for Luke to come out of the shower, seriously this boy takes forever and leaves a mess of water everywhere. Since Luke spend 50% of his time at my house and vice versa we each decided to have a drawer of clothes in each others houses. he came out of the shower and I changed into some shorts and my Beatles t-shirt.
“Goodnight Em”
“Goodnight Luke”  we both said simultaneously. 5 minutes later I hear the soft snores of Luke indicating that he has fallen asleep. I on the other had cannot sleep because what Luke said to me earlier got me thinking.

Do I really still like Calum or is he trying to trick me. And with that thought I fell asleep.