"I kissed him on the cheek." I muttered against my mouth.

"What?" Mia snapped and I let out a groan.

"There was a power outage and there was almost a kiss but then his mom walked in and it just made things awkward. So, I asked to go to bed and he offered to walk me up. Things got even more awkward when we said goodbye. But he came back with some clothes for me to sleep in and he apologized so sweetly about making thing awkward and scaring me. So, I told him that I wasn't scared off, then I kissed him on the cheek." I explained, letting my words run together in one long breath.

With another groan, I let my head fall on the desk.

"Oh, that's so cute." Sam gushed and I groaned.

"You have got it bad." Mia laughed and I let out a small cry.

I do.

"What do I do now?" I asked pathetically.

I've never so much as talked to a boy romantically, let alone declare to him that he didn't scare me. And then proceed to kiss him.

"Ask him out on a date." Sam offered and I groaned again.

"I can't do that."

"Why not?" Mia asked.

"I can't date remember?"

"You're eighteen now, surely your dad will change the rules."

He won't. Especially because Liam is one his clients.

"He won't do that." I shook my head.

"Then don't tell him." Sam shrugged. "What Mr. Thorne doesn't know won't hurt him."

Oh if only.

"That doesn't apply to me and you know it." I let out a sigh before lifting my head up.

"Mr. Thorne aside, if Liam were to ask you out, would you say yes?" Mia asked.

He won't do that.

"Probably not." I shook my head.

I just don't really see that happening.

"Hypothetically speaking." Mia added.

"Oh, then yes." I answered with a pathetic pout and Sam let out an aw.

The first bell rang and Sam and Mia stood up and gathered their things.

"Don't worry Rose, we've got this under control." Mia smiled before the two walked away.

I was too afraid to ask just what they had under control.

[0]

Trying to avoid Liam Powers while he's on the hunts for me is nearly impossible.

On my way to second period, I saw him walking down the halls with Jonathan and Noah and I made a quick turn around before he could spot me.