Chapter 21

As the two was exiting out of the forest, the sun began to rise from the distance and they could see the light peaking through the hills. Hakyeon was still being carried on Taekwoon's back and the entire trip back, he was trying so hard to not let the latter hear the rapid beating of his heart.

Taekwoon was Leo but at the same time, he wasn't. Hakyeon was also a bit skeptical at times with Taekwoon because there are times where he was exactly like Leo but also times, completely different. Hakyeon couldn't tell whether his heart was beating for Leo or for Taekwoon. All he does know at the moment is how thankful and relieved that the person who came to his rescue was someone of familiarity.

'Thanks.' Hakyeon mumbled.

'You've been thanking me non-stop since we got out of that cave.' Taekwoon laughed a bit. Hakyeon was a bit surprised that the latter could hear his quiet voice. He was trying to pretend to be asleep but how could he sleep when his heart keep beating so loudly?

'But, I have to! You don't even know how scary it was in there and having no way to get out! I seriously thought I was done for.' Hakyeon exaggerated a bit.

'You'd be fine.'

'Huh? How can you be so sure?'

'... because I wouldn't let anything happen to you. I'd do anything to find you.' Taekwoon assured him.

'But why would you,' Hakyeon doubted. 'You barely even know me...'

'I don't know. But when I thought that something could have happened to you while I took my eyes away off of you... I just panicked. It was a scary thought and even I don't really know how to explain it.'

Hakyeon looked at Taekwoon a bit, stared at the latter who wasn't supposed to be Leo anymore yet, the words he spoke of and the reassurance that he was giving to Hakyeon, sounded just like Leo. Just when Hakyeon thought of giving up, Taekwoon's words moved him and made his heart waver once more.

It can't be that he's remembering me.... About me... about us...

Hakyeon buried his face against Taekwoon's back and pretended to fall asleep but actually, his tears were falling from remembering this feeling he once had.

* * * * * *

Though Hakyeon thought that by pretending to be asleep, Taekwoon would not notice his tears, Taekwoon did notice them. The tears of the boy seeped through his shirt. Was Hakyeon that afraid of what happened earlier? Or was it something else that was making the boy cry in such silence? Taekwoon really doesn't know why but seeing Hakyeon this fragile, only made him want to protect the boy even more.

'Hakyeon-ah!!' Amelia stormed out of the bedroom as soon as she heard the entrance open and Hakyeon on Taekwoon's back. 'Where were you? What happened to you?!'

'Sorry Amelia, I got lost and trapped in the forest...' Hakyeon apologized for making Amelia and Haerin worry all night long and even spend the night looking for him.

'Why would you wander off so far alone? Gosh! I was so worried about you!' Amelia hugged Hakyeon tightly the moment he got off Taekwoon's back. She was very worried about the boy and had to reassure herself that her friend has finally returned safely.

'Sorry.'

'Well, we're just glad that you're back. Thank you Taekwoon-ah, for finding Hakyeon but how did you find him? In the middle of nowhere on top of that.' She asked.

'It was just a coincidence. I'm just glad I was able to bring him back safely.' Taekwoon answered calmly.

'Thank you.'