Chapter 17

* * * * * *

Hakyeon never would have thought that he would ever go outside of the city where he grew up in. Brampton was his home, his beloved place that he belongs in and everyone he loved was there as well. There was no where else he would wish to be more than back home yet here he was, in the middle of nowhere and with only a single map and backpack with him.

'Let's see... Amelia said that the town is a bit north from this forest right?' Hakyeon was talking to himself and trying to make sense of his surroundings while tracing his fingers on the map.

Ever since the first letter that Amelia had sent to him back in Brampton, Hakyeon have been exchanging letters with her and telling her of his possible visit. It took him awhile to finally decide to pass by the town where she was staying in though. He got lost quite a few times during his journey, trying to follow Leo's footsteps with the box of letters that he left Hakyeon. Within the letters, Leo never specifically mentioned where he went to except for descriptions of the sceneries he came across. But nonetheless, Hakyeon was thankful for the letters that Leo had left behind. If it weren't for that, Hakyeon would have never discovered so many wonderful places during his trip that his entire sketchbook was running out of space for any more drawings.

Hakyeon stumbled up north of the country and came across a forest that was rather intimidating to even peek through. He was following a stream that he found, hoping that it would eventually lead him to where he needed to be. The birds were chirping cheerfully and the autumn colors of the wood were beautiful. If only the trees didn't tower over Hakyeon, he would most likely have wandered inside to see what awaits him from deep within.

'Follow the stream up north and past this forest... Okay, let's get back on track.' Hakyeon shook his head from being too distracted and continued his walk.

After an hour of walking up the stream, he finally heard sounds coming from ahead. Sounds of people and possibly the place where he was hoping to find. He could see a small little town separated by the stream and surrounded by greens. Beyond the town was a hill that was currently covered with red autumn leaves that fell from the trees. As he continued to walk closer into the town, he finally saw other people running, walking, and chatting amongst themselves. It was a lively little place and Hakyeon could feel his heart beat with excitement.

'Um, excuse me? What is this town called?' Hakyeon stopped one of the locals to ask.

'Are you a traveller? Welcome to Pinewoods!' The happy local replied, excited to see an outsider.

Hakyeon smiled. This was the place.

'Um, do you know where I can find the Pinewoods Bakery here? My friend is living there and she mentioned that it's the only one in this town.' Hakyeon asked.

'Of course! It's a famous little place here. If you follow this path and turn right, you should be able to find it. The place is always emitting a delicious smell so just follow the scent and you should be able to find it. Enjoy your stay!'

'Thank you!'

Hakyeon was pleased to know that the locals of this town were friendly and rather lively. He was worried for a second that he would be too foreign or unwelcomed in this town. Just like the local pointed him, Hakyeon followed the path and immediately, his nose caught the smell of baked goods coming from a distance.

That must be where Amelia is! Hakyeon followed the delicious scent and could feel his stomach grumbling away.

He finally stopped in his tracks as he stumbled upon a small shop where the smell was emitting from.