Chapter 20

* * * * * *

There are a few things that Hakyeon hates the most in the world.

Creepy forests.

Being stranded in who knows where.

Being alone.

Being in a cave.

And being in the dark.

That was exactly the situation he was in right now. As Hakyeon opened his eyes, he saw nothing but darkness in front of him. The sky has already turned dark and only a bit of the moonlight came through.

Hakyeon looked around him to see where he has fallen into and realized he was inside a really deep hole. He couldn't really make out his surroundings but he was scared.

'I need to get out of here.' He said.

Just as he tried to get up on his feet, a jabbing pain was felt on his legs. He had sprained his legs falling so far down. Hakyeon tried his best to climb up the hole but with his legs being in such a condition, it was not possible. The hole was too deep and the rocks were too unsteady to climb on. Each time he stood up and accidently put pressure on his injury, it would hurt even more.

'What do I do?' Hakyeon was troubled. He sighed and decided it might be best to just rest a bit more before making another attempt. Maybe after a bit of rest he will have recovered a bit more strength enough to help him climb back out.

Hakyeon sat at his spot, bored and tired. As he sat still with nowhere to go, he finally took notice of his surroundings.

He realized that it wasn't really a hole that he had fallen in, but more like a cave-like structure. The hole was dug a bit further inwards and as Hakyeon approached further into the darkness, he saw something that caught his eyes.

Drawings and scribbles were all over the wall. Drawings that were like a child's.

Hakyeon scanned the little drawings and suddenly, a chilling thought came to him.

'Did a child get trapped in here before?' He shivered just thinking about it. If a grown man like him was barely able to climb up, what would a lone child do.... Hakyeon looked frantically around him to see if there was traces of a corpse or body. He was scared. It can't be that little girl from earlier could it??

He gulped.

I'll be fine. Everything will be fine. There's no such things as ghosts. There's no such things as ghosts. He kept repeating to himself.

'Achoo!' He sneezed.

The night wind was rather strong and it howled throughout the cave. Hakyeon felt cold and shivered even more. Then he realized something else. There was another breeze that was coming from somewhere within the cave. But from where?

He look at his surroundings and there was really only so little he could see. Just sitting where he was, he could see everything there was about the small cave. He crawled around the walls of the cave and every corner to see where the strange draft was coming from. But there was nothing.

No holes.

No doors.

* * * * * *

'Did you find him?' Taekwoon asked in a panic the moment he sets off the chimes of the bakery doors.

Amelia and Haerin both shook their heads.

'Where could he be?' Amelia was worried.

'All his belongings are still here so he couldn't have left the town.' Haerin said. 'What if something bad happened?'