Chapter 8

* * * * * *

Ever since that night, neither Leo nor Hakyeon had the time to see one another to talk.

Leo was busy trying to stop the gossips and rumors of his run-away bride from going too out of hand. He also had to make sure his father was doing okay especially since this marriage was something the man had looked forward to for a long time.

Hakyeon was also busy. Despite the project not ending in the way he had hoped for, guests who had witnessed the setting of the event was stunned by the beautiful and well-arranged evening. Orders from all over Brampton started to swarm in for the shop and both Hakyeon and his mother became super busy. From time to time, Minhyuk, Hyuk and even Sungjae had to come over and help them out as well.

Being busy was just one of the excuses for Hakyeon though.

Just because Leo's marriage did not bear fruit, didn't mean he had a chance. He knew it all too well.

Their status was already too different to begin with and Leo deserved someone who could walk side by side as his equal. That person was not Cha Hakyeon and definitely not another man.

Hakyeon had a crush on Leo and it was most likely 'love at first sight.' But Hakyeon have always fallen in love with people. With the idea of being in love. Maybe this time, like all other times, his secret love would go away eventually if he just forget about it.

* * * * * *

'Earth to Cha Hakyeon? Hakyeonie?~' Minhyuk called out to his friend.

'Huh? Oh, it's you Minhyuk. What is it?' Hakyeon responded.

'You look good in that.' Minhyuk pointed at Hakyeon's attire.

Hakyeon was wearing a rather embarrassing dress for the school festival today. The day that Brampton Academy would hold its annual mid-summer festival in order to bring the entire town together. Each year, every class had to choose a theme as participation for the festival and this year, Hakyeon's class chose to do a coffee shop theme. But with a catch.

Cross-dressing.

Hakyeon sighed. 'You look good too Minhyuk...'

Hakyeon felt too awkward and uncomfortable with his outfit. His waist felt trapped tightly by the white frilled apron he was given by the girls and he was definitely not fond of the extra air he felt beneath his skirt. Even the stockings felt itchy.

'I can't wait until today is over. This is... so uncomfortable. How do girls wear this?' Hakyeon said as he kept adjusting his dress to go further down in order to cover up his legs.

'It's a once in a life-time chance to be so pretty. Or to be pampered by the girls when they were doing our makeup. Embrace it. Plus, they really outdid themselves with this getup. We should be thankful okay?' Minhyuk laughed.

'You're really enjoying this too much you know that?'

Hakyeon could feel that thick layer of foundation against his skin and the long ponytail wig was definitely making matters worse. It was just an add-on to his discomfort as the hair kept getting into his face and sticking onto his makeup.

'So. Are you entering?' Minhyuk suddenly asked as the two were walking down the hallway during their break.

'Enter what?'

'Miss Brampton Academy duh! The other boys from next door are all entering since they're doing a cross-dressing theme too. Someone about photoshoot with famous celebrities except the female celebrities are all boys. They seem to be having a lot of fun with their outfits unlike someone I know here.' Minhyuk poked him.