8

(Published: 2/14/17)

Neville's POV:

What do I say? I've got to say something! But he can't know the potion was for him! He'd kill me...
"Oh, I was, um..." I knew I probably looked like I was guilty, or about to ruin my pants....or both. I sighed. "I was going to give it to Luna to see how she feels about me." I said. "Don't tell anyone, but I really like her."
The best part, it was only half a lie. I did fancy Luna, and I wasn't sure how she felt about me, so I didn't really lie to Harry.
"Oh." Said Harry, looking a bit shocked. "Well, you should just ask her Neville," he advised. "not make a potion for her."
I nodded. "Your right, I won't ever do it again." I replied shakily.
I breathed a sigh of relief as class started and I sank into a seat farther away from Harry. Why did Hermione have to drag me into this?

Harry's POV:

I wasn't sure how I felt about Neville and that whole truth potion ordeal. Nor was I sure that I believed that the potion was meant for Luna. But if not for her, than who?
I decided to focus on the Charms lesson and figure it out later. Today was just a review since it was so early in the year, and since some of us, (me) had had some trouble with them, so today we were going over cheering charms.
Hermione, of course, was ecstatic, since she hadn't gotten to learn them in class.
By the end of the lesson, we were all smiling and I couldn't think of what had bothered me earlier. Something about Neville...
Nothing.
Oh well, if it was anything important I'd find out later. Right now, I wanted to go and find Draco.
Lucky me, I saw him walking down the corridor to my left.
When he saw me, Draco smiled and walked over to me, somehow making me even happier than I was before.
"Hey." He said.
"How was Transfiguration?" I asked.
Draco sighed. "Boring." He replied. "We didn't do anything today, just got a long lecture about why we shouldn't use transfiguration to turn fellow students into gerbils."
"Who turned who into a gerbil?" I asked, extremely curious.
Draco sighed again. "Blaze got angry at some Hufflepuff first year and got a little carried away. I think the kids still the the hospital wing."
I blinked. "Is the kid okay?"
Draco nodded. "Blaze is good at Transfiguring, so it was easy to the boy back to normal, but that didn't change that he'd done it, so we all had to surfer through the lecture anyways. Can't imagine you Gryffindors won't get the same lecture."
I nodded, I wasn't upset about the possible lecture in my future, though that may have been the cheering charm that still hadn't worn off.
"So what about Charms?" Draco asked after a minute.
I shrugged. "We jut went over cheering charms."
Draco nodded and smiled a bit. "So that's why you haven't stopped grinning at me like a-"
"Hey!" I said.
Draco laughed and draped his arm around my shoulders as we walked down the nearly deserted corridor.
"So," he said to me, "I was wondering if you wanted to go on another date with me tonight?" He asked. "I know we only just had our second date yesterday, but-"
"Sure." I said, beaming at him.
"I see that cheering charm still hasn't worn off." Draco said, chuckling.
"Oh no," I said. "It wore off a few minutes ago."
Draco looked at me with a curious expression, and sighed. "I'll never understand you Potter." He told me, smiling.
"Good." I replied with a wink before walking away from him, and towards my next class. I loved the way Draco looked so taken aback and stunned. He was so cute when he looked like that. It sort of makes me wonder what goes on in his head...

Draco's POV:

I was watching as Harry walked down the corridor, a bit stunned by how he acted around me. I know it's probably just the stupid potion, but still, I can't help but wonder if he'd feel anything towards me without it...
No, I shouldn't be thinking like that at all. I have to stay focused on getting as much information on the Order as soon as I possibly can.
If Harry can't come to my house over break, or doesn't stay here, at Hogwarts, then the potion will wear off unless I can think of something, and when that happens...
I shuddered at the thought, but it was true. I could never let the potion were off, not until I'm told to do so by the Dark Lord at least. And until then, I'd have to start interrogating him, and ignore the way he looks, or smells... or the way his nose scrunches up when he talks about those awful Dursleys.
I don't know how they could have ever treated Harry the way they did. He was perfect...
Good god, what would my mother say if she knew I'd been thinking this?

Quiz time!!!

Q: What is the name of the house elf the Malfoys previously owned?