"I can't, I'm sorry hun," Sheri said. "I have a work thing so I'm dropping Devin off for a play date."

"Oh okay, no problem," Shannon said.

"Have you talked to Chloe or Beca about this?" Sheri asked.

"Not yet, but I have to call and ask if I can borrow Chloe's car, so I'll mention it then."

"Okay good, because as much as I want you to have a good high school experience, our girls would probably kill me if I let you go on a date without asking them first."

"It's not a date. We're just friends as far as I know, but I'll talk to them," Shannon said.

"Sounds good honey," Sheri smiled. "Shan, I'm really glad you're enjoying high school and that you were able to have a fresh start."

"Me too," Shannon smiled. "Thanks."

Shannon picked up her phone and dialed Chloe's number before hitting call. "Hey Chlo! Make it to the hotel okay?"

"Yep! We got here last night. Beca's still asleep."

"It's only 7 in LA so that makes sense," Shannon laughed. "Hey can I borrow your car today?"

"Sure, what do you need it for?" Chloe asked.

"I'm meeting someone to study later," Shannon said.

"Oh fun! Who?"

"Oh, this guy Matt," Shannon said hesitantly.

"He's in my English class, he seems like a nice kid," Chloe said happily.

"He is. I like him a lot but I think he just wants to be friends," Shannon sighed.

"You should ask him out," Chloe said excitedly.

"No way," Shannon scoffed.

"Why?"

"I'm not you," the younger girl laughed. "I don't just start conversations with random people. And plus I have Ella to worry about. She and all of you guys are going to come first. I can't believe you trust me after everything."

"You've grown up so much since then," Chloe said sweetly. "And you gotta get yourself out there too."

"Alright, I'll think about it," Shannon sighed. "Let me know how the rehearsal goes today! And wear your heels so you're used to them by tomorrow."

"Alright Shan, tell everyone we said hi!"

"I will, love you Chlo."

"Love you too! See you on Tuesday." Chloe hung up just as Beca was waking up. "Hey sleepyhead," she said softly.

"Hey, who was that?" Beca asked.

"I was talking to Shannon, sorry if I woke you," Chloe said.

"You didn't, come back to bed though," Beca said. "How is everyone?"

"Good. Shannon's going on a study date but not a date. And no, you have to get up so we can get some breakfast."

"What do you mean a date but not a date?" Beca asked, sitting up in bed and holding her arms out so Chloe could help her transfer since the bed was taller than her chair.

"She's studying with this guy she likes, but he thinks they're just friends, Chloe shrugged.

"She's going out with a guy we haven't met?" Beca asked incredulously. "Oh my god, no."

"Babe it's fine, I trust her."

"I trust her too, I just don't trust the guys. Justin fucked up big time with her, I'm not going to let her get hurt again," Beca said seriously.