Chapter 9: Accept Who You Are

En başından başla

I leaned in a little bit, dropping my voice into an accusing whisper. "I heard she's nice."

But he wasn't listening to me. His hand inched closer to the door, ready to knock on it until, he did.

"Come in." I heard my mother say.

I crossed my arms as the teacher opened the door wider, letting me walk through it first.

"Ariana? Mr. Stevenson?" My mother put down her pen and stared at me in confusion until she noticed the teachers face which still had a large smirk on it.

Smug bastard! I can't believe I thought about setting him up with my mom! Not anymore I ain't!

My mother leaned back in her chair giving me the evil eye.

I opened my mouth to defend myself but Mr. Shitenson spoke first.

"Hello, Helen." He said in a low voice, his features completely changing.

I dropped my jaw when I witnessed the flirting in front of me. I twisted my mouth in disgust, gagging.

Mr. Shitenson leaned on my mothers desk, popping out his chest as if he wanted my mom to see his cleavage. "How are you Helen? You're looking beautiful today."

I laughed when I noticed my mother hairs sticking out in different directions, her face looked bored and her clothes screamed, "I SPILLED COFFEE ON MY SELF, SO I HAD TO WEAR WHATEVER I COULD FIND!"

My mother glared at me and fixed her hair. "Thank you, John." She said smiling but I could clearly see that he was friend zoned.

I smothered my laugh when he looked my way. "YOU!" He said all of a sudden.

I narrowed my eyes at him, getting a little pissed off.

"What." I replied back.

He turned to my mother, telling on me.

"This troublemaker came into my class and had the audacity to seduce one of my students!"

My mother looked at me with wide eyes.

"WHAT!" I said practically yelling at him. "You're lying! I didn't do anything!"

I took a threatening step toward him, my fist closing with anger.

"Okay!" My mother said as she pushed out of her seat and looked at me frantically. "I'll deal with this Mr. Stevenson!" She told him with a tight smile.

I huffed in response feeling the growl that was about to rip through my throat.

"See to it that you do. I don't like troublemaking children." He caught my eye smirking at me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before I wolfed out in my moms office.

I heard the door click shut. I opened my eyes to see my furious mother.

"ARI! You have got to learn how to control yourself!" She sat down heavily in her chair, her face stretched with worry.

Although I was mad, I felt guilty too. I really do need to learn to control myself especially before I hurt someone.

I sat across from her and sighed. "I'm sorry mom. I try not to get so pissed but it-it just happens! I don't know why? It's like this surge of electricity goes through me whenever someone makes me mad and it feels so good even though I know it's bad." I put my head into my hands feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Honey, I know it's hard but that's why you have me. I will help you with this I swear. I know you don't want to learn anything about what and who you are but I think you should. There are some really interesting theories about werewolves and I think it may be true." I looked up to see her smile her beautiful smile which was slightly crooked.

I stared at her my eyes brimming with tears.

"I accept you for who you are and I think it's time you did too." Her warm voice hit my heart and the tears overflowed onto my cheeks.

"Oh honey." I felt my mothers warm arms engulf me, squeezing me, protecting me.

"I know. I know I should but I don't know mom. I feel like a freak, like I'm the only one." I bowed my head in sadness.

"Well, you're not alone okay? I'm here for you always." She said as she wiped off the tears from my face.

I smiled feeling a little better. I should have already known that my mother would have been there for me. The bell rang making me jump.

I sighed wiping my eyes. "Okay mom, I'll see you later okay?" She kissed my forehead.

"You can get a ride or walk home if you want. I'm going to be late."

I groaned dramatically. "Fiiiiinnne." I complained, drawling out the word.

She threw her pencil at me but I ducked out of the way and it hit the wall behind me.

I looked at my mom with narrowed eyes when I saw her reach for another pencil.

I ran out the door before the second pencil could hit me.

I laughed like a hyena and looked back at my mom, sticking out my tongue.

This time she stood up.

"Oh shit!" I jumped, racing down the hall.

"Yeah, you better run!" She called after me, laughing.

I just continued to laugh, feeling slightly better than how I was before.

Maybe mom was right. Maybe all I had to do was accept myself and I would stop seeing myself as a monster.

I smiled but it faltered when my mothers scared face flashed into my head. The blood running down her arm and stomach.

I don't think I can ever forgive myself for losing control like that and almost mauling my mother.

So instead of accepting myself first, I needed to learn how to control whatever was inside me.