17: Sebastian Moran

I felt my hands shake as I pulled another cigarette out of my pocket and lit it, watching the end glow in the evening light. I took a long puff, and from that moment, I decided that I needed something stronger. It had been a few weeks of being clean, but I'm bad at breaking habits.

It was then that I realised that I had no idea where I was. I looked around In confusion and found that I was walking next to a river, with houses on the riverbank and a road on the other side of me. Sighing, I decided to jump the first drug dealer I saw. My body was itching for a fix.

There are always people dealing drugs. Discreet areas, but accessible, if you knew where to look. I looked around me to see if this applied to where I was. Sure enough, on my right, I saw a group of men in hoodies. I walked up to them as they gave me appreciative looks. He handed me a packet of white powder and in payment, I handed him a wad of notes. I felt like the packet was burning a hole in my pocket as I made my way back to Baker Street.

I crossed a road and headed towards an alley that was a shortcut to Baker Street. All of a sudden, I felt a hand clamp down heavily on my shoulder. Seeing as it was dark and I was in an alleyway, It couldn't mean anything good.

Letting my instincts take over, I grabbed the hand and effortlessly judo flipped him. He landed on his back heavily, winded. I stepped on his chest, hearing a groan escape his mouth

I heard a groan from the guy who was on the ground.

"Not your lucky day? Is it?" I scoffed, deciding to be benevolent and spare his ribs. I assumed he was a dimwitted thief and turned to walk away.

I almost didn't hear him stand back up and approach, which only meant that my skills were getting rusty. I felt myself tumbling onto the ground, grazing my knees due to my awkward landing. As I tried to elbow his face he grabbed my throat. I gasped for breath as he slowly squeezed my throat, starving me of oxygen.

I kicked him in the balls. He yelped and released my neck. The darkness of the night, unfortunately, didn't allow me to a swift punch to the stomach. I bit back the pain, using my attacker's momentum to yank his arm and throw him to the floor. I scrambled on top of him, my arm cutting off his circulation.

This bastard has a death wish.

I felt the cold metal of a gun placed against my stomach. At some point, he had taken out a concealed gun and pointed it at me.

"You would have been dead by now," came a calm, but slightly choked voice under me.

At that moment, moonlight peered through the alleyway, illuminating my attacker's face. My eyes widened as a wave of familiarity washed over me.

"Sebastian?" I asked disbelievingly.

"Alexandria, long time no see," he managed to say weakly, tapping my arm and signalling for me to remove it. I released my arm from his neck. Quick as a flash, he had me pinned to the ground. I grinned savagely, shifting my weight and flipping him over.

𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫 || 𝐁𝐁𝐂 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें