CHAPTER 14 - THE BABY AND THE MISSION

CHAPTER 14 – THE BABY AND THE MISSION

3rd Person's POV

Ezra is now in the med-bay with Kitsune and Kanan attending childbirth, meanwhile the rest of the crew is waiting out.

Hera: "Finally we'll meet the new member".

Sam: "How do you think it's going?"

Then they hear a scream coming from the med-bay.

Zeb: "Nah, I'm sure the kid is doing well".

Then everyone turns to look at Zeb with a 'Really' look. After a while Kitsune comes out.

Kitsune: "You can pass now to see the baby".

Everyone enters the med-bay in silence to not wake the baby. As they enter they see Ezra in a bed with Kanan by his side and Ezra holding something in his arms.

Ezra: "Shh... come to see the new member".

Everyone approaches to see the new member. It's a baby boy with brown hair with the tips of blue. Then the baby opens his eyes to reveal one eye with the color of Ezra's eyes and the other of Kanan's eyes: blue electric and turquoise. Immediately everyone is enchanted by the new member.

Sam: "He's very cute".

Koumori: "What's his name?"

Ezra: "We've decided to name him Caleb Kai Jarrus Bridger".

Hera: "Well Caleb welcome to the family".

Zeb: "That reminds me, Sabine you have to pay me".

Sabine huffs and says.

Sabine: "Okay later".

Kanan: "Pay you?"

Ezra: "Did you bet about the gender of my baby?"

Zeb and Sabine only scratch the back of their neck.

Ezra: "You know, I don't even want to know how much it was".

Then everyone returns their attention to the new born. After some time everyone decides to go to sleep.

One month later

The crew is in the common room talking about doing a new mission.

Kanan: "Okay we're going to hack the principal communication tower and transmit a message from the Ghost to the entire Galaxy to send a hope message".

Sam: "What?! You're crazy! That's impossible and the com tower will have a lot of security".

Hera: "We know but we need to do this mission".

Sabine: "Let me guess, a mission from Fulcrum".

Kanan and Hera nod.

Zeb: "If the boss thinks we can do it I'm in".

Everyone nods in agreement.

Kanan: "Okay in this mission Ezra, Kitsune and Hyou will stay, so Ezra will take care of Caleb and Hyou can protect both of them in case they're attacked".

Everyone agrees so they start to discuss the plan. When they finish Kanan decides to stay all the time with Ezra in their room cuddling with each other, while Kitsune and Hyou take care of Caleb, before the mission starts.

Ezra: "I still feel like something bad will happen".

Kanan: "Don't worry Ezra I'll be fine you know me".