Chapter 5

Danielle POV

I jump out of bed to a pound at my door. Not fully awake I stumble to the door to open it. "What do you want?"

Taylor is standing outside my door. She is fully dressed and looks like she is ready to leave. She walks by me and into my room. "Why do you look like you just got up?"

I shut my door walking back to my bed. I spread my arms out and fell into it. "Because I did, most normal people sleep in on Saturday's."

Taylor yanks on my arm trying to pull me off my mattress. "You need to get ready. We have to leave in ten minutes with mom."

Right, the whole birthday party details stuff. "Why can't you just go without me? It's not like the birthday bash is really for me."

"If I recall correctly we are twins which means this is both of our birthdays. Plus mom isn't going to let you stay." Taylor walks in my closet and back out with clothes in her hand. "Throw these on and just throw your hair up or something. By the way, Haley is coming."

Taylor leaves my room. The thought about going back to sleep was tempting. I decide against it and get ready as fast as I can. I throw the clothes that Taylor picked out. The clothes were simple which was perfectly fine with me. I'm wearing jean shorts and a tank.

I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I put a simple layer of make-up on. When I'm in a hurry I just focus on my eyes. My hair is still straight from last night, but I threw it up in a ponytail. I look in the mirror and still feel blah looking.

I take some strains and put small braids that go back to the pony tail. Once I was satisfied I went back to my room. I almost stopped in my tracks when a thought came to my head. Why did I care if I look blah? That is unlike me.

I'm not into expensive fashion like Taylor, but of all the things I own I love my designer sunglasses. I grab them and put them on. I hear Taylor yelling at me to hurry up. I walk down the stairs where my mom, Taylor and Haley are waiting.

I watch my mom as she grabs something from her purse. She pulls out a phone and hands it to me. "Now, try not to break this one."

I didn't want to take the phone. There was a reason why I broke mine. If I decline it there will just be an argument which would cause Taylor or my mom to think I'm trying to be a drama queen.

I take the phone and slip it in my pocket. "Thanks."

My mom insists we all drive in the same vehicle. It makes sense with us going to the same place, but I would rather drive myself. Taylor takes the front seat, nothing new there. Haley and I get into the back. Taylor and mom engage in a conversation. I tried to listen in, but got bored easily. It's frustrating how they never try to include me into their talks.

"Let me see your phone." I look over at Haley who has her hand extended.

I haven't even looked at my phone yet. It looks like the same one I had last time. I hand her my phone and watch what she is doing. She puts a number in and hits the call.

"Who are you calling?" She doesn't answer. Instead she grabs her phone when it rings and hits the ignore button.

She exits the call from my phone and puts her name into the contact list. She clicks on the ID picture and takes a selfie of her. She then hands me my phone back. "Now you have my number and I have yours."

"Who says I want your number?" Haley frowns at me when I say that. I mimic her face. "I'm just joking."

She pushes my shoulder causing me to go into the door. "I didn't know you could crack jokes." I'm now the one frowning at her.