Chapter 4

Haley POV

After school on Friday, I went home with Taylor. She has been MIA the last two days with her boy toy. We both know what needs to happen before she gets too caught up in this guy. "Are you ready to do the test?"

Taylor is lying on her bed with her legs bent in the air. "What if he fails?"

"Well that's the point of doing it. It will save you from disappointment later." Every time Taylor gets feelings for a guy she puts him through the twin test. Convincing Danielle to do it has been the hard part. She wants to see if the guy can tell them apart standing next to each other. Most of the guys fail it.

I can tell them apart with ease. I understand other people's struggle when they see them separately, but not when they are together.

"How are you going to get Dani to do it and when?" Taylor questions while skimming through a magazine.

"I'm going to kidnap her." She lets out a snort. Her eyebrow rose when my facial expression didn't change. "When we go to the party tonight I'm going to use my charm to get her to come."

She rolls her eyes. "Your charm or your ruthless aggression?"

"Both. I think she is slowly warming up to me." It's more like one step forward and two steps back.

She ignored me all day yesterday. I don't know if she was in one of her moods or she's upset with herself for giving me little insight into her life. It could also be that she really doesn't like me and I'm starting to annoy her.

"Did you hear that?" Taylor sits up and tells me to be quiet as she listens.

"Girls, I am home." A voice that sounds like Mrs. Rivers yells.

Taylor takes off out of her room. I walk out in the hallway and see Danielle's door is still closed. I walk over and knock then let myself in. Danielle is on her bed lying with her AirPods in. I walk over and set my knee on the bed and sit down.

She sits up and pulls the earbuds out. "Did you need something?"

"Your parents are home. I thought you would want to know." I watch as I mention parents and see Danielle tense up. Her mood shifts from content to uneasiness.

"Are you okay?"

"You ask me that too much." Danielle gets up from her bed and walks out of her room. I follow behind her.

I thought she was going to go downstairs and greet them, but she didn't. She is leaning over the balcony that overlooks the foyer. I stay back, but I'm close enough to hear everything.

Danielle POV

"Why have you been ignoring my phone calls?" My mom asks.

"My phone broke and it's not like you ever called." She pretending to be upset that I dodge her calls is a lie. She never calls.

"What do you mean it's broken?"

"Well, I was walking and it slipped. My hand kind of jolted it towards the wall and it went into pieces. It was pretty tragic." I'm not usually this sarcastic when I talk to her. I usually don't talk to her, so I guess I never have the opportunity to be like this. "Let's just cut the reunion, what are the rules now that you are home for however long?"

"You guys aren't allowed to leave the house after eight." She says, looking at Taylor then me. Taylor starts to flip shit. I just turn and go towards my room.

I walk past Haley who is still standing in the middle of the open space upstairs. I go into my room and swing the door to shut. When I didn't hear it click I turned around to see Haley.