Chapter 33

"I'm leaving now, see you later." Lucy said as she walked out the front door, slamming it shut.

"So Ty, are you up for dinner with Jeff and his wife?" I asked him, pulling out my phone to text Jeff.

"I could definitely go for dinner, I suppose I should properly meet these friends of yours." He laughed, "last time I saw them, they were in the boards."

"More like you were." I mumbled and sent Jeff a quick text.

"I was not, I fell once, thank you very much." He defended.

"I could push you into the glass, dude." I snapped back at him.

"Yeah? Try me, missy." He stood up and started to act like a tough guy.

"Maybe I will." I said a little louder, standing on the couch to be taller.

"I could take you down in a blink of an eye." Tyler said, tackling me down to the couch and sitting on my stomach.

"Tyler, you're gonna make me piss myself." I groaned and tried to push him off me, but he didn't budge.

"What is the magic word?" He asked, sitting up straighter.

"Please, get off of me." I said, Tyler stood up and walked to the kitchen for a snack.

"Jeff said to meet them at the restaurant at 7. Nothing too fancy, though."

"Luna, does this count as a date?" Tyler asked, sitting back down beside me with an apple.

"I prefer my dates to be private." I told him, smirking.

"Well could I take you on a date sometime?" He said with a sly smile planted on his face.

   I looked at him with a blank stare for a minute before shaking me head no, "I'm sorry, I can't do long distance. It won't happen." I explained to him.

"Sorry I asked, I understand. Where is your restroom?" He asked and stood up.

"Down that hall." I pointed to it and watched him walk away.

*Tyler's POV*

   I rushed to the restroom so she couldn't see the disappointment on my face. Once I was in, I locked the door and took out my phone to text Jamie.

'No matter what I do, Luna won't agree to go on a date.' I sent to him.

'Why not?' I got back a few seconds later.

My fingers typed quickly on the keyboard, 'she said she won't do long distance.'

'Well you can't just up and move, you play for Dallas.' He sent back.

'And she works for LA, I wouldn't ask her to give up a dream job for me.'

'Then find a new girl.' My eyes went over the last message a million times, wondering if that was the right thing to do. Just because Luna isn't ready doesn't mean I should have to suffer.

'We're going out to a club when we get back to Dallas.' I sent back to him before walking out to Luna again.

"Sorry I took so long, Jamie called and wanted to talk in private." I lied to her.

She smiled and assured me it was fine. I sat back down next to her before she spoke again.

"Ty, I think its time we get ready now. You can use my room, I'll change in Lucy's." She showed me to her room and shut the door behind me.

   I looked around her room, the walls were painted grey, her bed set was a deep purple. She had a vanity in front of a window and a deep purple rug. Suddenly, I felt an even stronger connection to her, just by seeing her room. But I quickly shook away those thoughts, knowing we wouldn't end up together.

   I threw on a pair of dark wash jeans and a button up shirt, she said it wasn't too fancy. I looked in her little mirror to fix my hair and walked back out, bumping into her in the hallway.

"Oh, sorry." I quickly apologized.

"It's fine, I just need to fix my makeup." She said, rushing into her room. I bit my tongue before I could comment on that.

*****
A/N sorry for another short chapter guys, I do have some drama coming up though! Just trying to find the perfect time to incorporate it. Thanks for reading!