Chapter 30

We walked into his huge house, the butterflies fluttering in my stomach as I waited for Tyler to speak up. I had an idea of what he wanted to walk about, but really didn't want to bring it up.

"I'm just going to change." He told me as he ran up the stairs. I nodded, though he couldn't see me, and sat down on his couch. I waited a few minutes before I heard his footsteps thumping down the steps.

"So, Luna, I just want to get straight to the point. I like you, a lot. I have since I first laid eyes on you."

"Ty, I really like you too. I am so relieved you brought this up first, Julie was trying to get me too but I wasn't sure how to bring it up. I just don't know if we should be together, at least not yet."

   Tyler sighed and looked down, "and why is that?"

"I live in LA, you live in Dallas. I work for the Kings now so I can't just up and leave whenever." I explained to him, not being able to make eye contact.

"We can try long distance." He suggested.

"I would love to try, but I know we'll fall apart. We're both always busy with work, we wouldn't be close."

"Okay, okay, I understand. I wish I didn't but I do, I just don't want to believe that." Tyler looked down, his hands in his lap as I saw a tear fall onto his thumb.

"Maybe we can try in a couple months, if we're both still single and wanting each other. I'm just not ready to do this right now." I said, standing up. "Let's get some sleep, we'll be up early."

~~~

   It was the morning of the 23rd and Tyler and I were heading to the airport for our flights. We had two different flights but from the same airport, so we were going to wait together until he had to board his flight. My bags were packed full with my things and my Christmas presents, Tyler's too.

"Luna," Tyler said, shaking me out of my thoughts. "I have to go, that was my call."

"Oh, okay." I sighed and stood up to hug him. "Well hopefully I'll get to see you again soon." He pulled me into a long, tight hug before he said goodbye and I watched him walk away.

   Pulling out Suitor With a Hat from my bag, crossing my legs as I waited for my call. I kept my eyes down as I saw the legs of people walk by me with their suitcases, but all I could think about was Tyler. He told me he liked me and I told him I wasn't ready. Why would I do that? Long distance works for others, why couldn't it work for us?

   Finally, my plane was called and I could leave the busy airport. I picked up my heavy suitcase and my carry on and made my way to boarding. My plane was surprisingly empty only a few others riding with me. No one sat next to me, no children were on the plane, just me and a few other adults.

   The ride was quiet and peaceful, turbulence was hardly even a problem. The stewardess was very kind, we even had a few real conversations. But all good things come to an end, and before I knew it, I was standing in front of my loud, large family, all rushing to get a few words from me.

"Have you met anyone?" My grandma pushed.

"Can we come visit you in LA?" My aunt, uncle, and bratty cousins asked me.

"What is it like being surrounded by hot hockey players?" My 19 year old twin cousins, Savannah and Sierrah squealed.

   Eventually, I got through all the questions and was able to relax, but just for a few minutes because the next thing I knew, Savannah and Sierrah came running to my side again.

"You left your phone on the counter and it started buzzing, we couldn't help but notice it was a boy." Savannah passed my phone to me with a smile on her face.

"Guys, its just my friend, Nick. He plays for the Kings." I rolled my eyes and looked at the text.

'Hey, Aspen has been texting me off the hook lately. We've been on one date and she's already asking to move in.' My eyes went over the message.

'I'll try to talk to her when I see her next. I gotta go though, my cousins are reading over my shoulder and I need to get back to my family. Merry Christmas!' I sent back to him and put my phone in my pocket again.

"We were not reading over your shoulder." Sierrah rolled her eyes, "but is he cute?" She continued to bug me.

   I took out my phone again to show them a picture of him, they shrugged their shoulders as I put it back in my pocket.

"I have a cuter boy trying to get with me right now." Sierrah bragged.

"Got any other cute boys you hangout with?" Savannah pushed further.

"I have a thing with a guy, I guess, but he doesn't play for the Kings." I answered them, but refused to answer anymore questions. They didn't know when to shut their mouth and not gossip, I didn't want anything getting around about Tyler and I until I knew for sure what we were.

*****