Chapter 11

*Tyler's POV*

   I got on the plane back to Dallas, sitting next to Spezza and started tapping on my knee

"Whats up with you, Segs?" He asked me.

"I just really can't wait to land. There's a girl I met in LA and I want to talk to her but I can't yet." I explained.

"Wow. Segs has an interest in a girl?" He sounded shocked.

"Yeah. And before you ask, no. Its not just to screw her over. I want this to be real."

"You'll be talking to her again in 2 and a half hours." I looked out the window and smiled, thinking about her for the entire flight.

*Nick's POV*

   All I could think about was Luna and Tyler. I didn't realize it before, but I have serious feelings for Luna and I'm not sure what to do. I know that she obviously likes Tyler, I would have almost no shot with her and I wouldn't want to ruin an amazing friendship, but I can't just sit back and watch her flirt with another guy.

'Hey, coming over now.' Drew texted me.

'okay, i need to talk to you about something important.'

   A few minutes later, Doughty walked in my front door. "So what is it?" He asked me, laying back on my couch.

"I realized that I like Luna a couple days ago. Right after she started talking to Tyler. I acted like it was nothing at first but I can't hide it forever. I know she likes Tyler and I don't want to interfere but I don't want to sit back and watch that."

"Oh, wow. Okay, man. Well what if she feels the same way?"

"She couldn't. She would take a sex god over me."

He laughed loudly. "I think you should give it a shot. Maybe she does like you."

   I nodded, looking down at my lap. "Why dont we go to practice now?" I asked. "That could get my mind off of this for now."

*Luna's POV*

   Lucy and I walked in our front door and she darted for the couch. I walked over to the fridge and took a sip of juice.

"Hey, Luce. I'm going on a walk. I'll be back in a little bit." I told her, walking over to the front door. I grabbed my bag, she nodded and I walked out the front door.

   I was walking around for 10 minutes when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I looked down, it was Tyler.

'Hey, just landed.' He said.

'Hey. How was it?' I asked. It took a few minutes before he answered again.

'It was fine. Sat next to Jason.'

'I'm going to say its safe to assume thats one of your teammates?' I asked.

'Yep. I have to go for a little bit though. Talk to you later.' He said.

'Okay, talk to you later.' I replied, trying not to sound disappointed. I continued walking along, about to turn around since it was getting dark when I felt like I was being followed. I shrugged it off and continued on when I heard a crack, like someone stepped on a stick. I didn't see anyone around me so I figured it was just an animal.

   A few minutes later, I started hearing footsteps behind me. I sped up a bit and sent Luna a text but she didn't answer me. She was probably taking a nap.

"If you don't slow down, I'll shoot." I heard a male voice behind me and a laugh. I came to a sudden stop and turned around.

"How can I help you?" I asked.

"Give me your money." He said.

"Sir, I only have $5 on me. You can look through my bag. I don't have anything worth anything in this." I replied, staying calm. He reached his hand forward and I gave it to him. He searched through and grabbed the $5 I had. He continued searching, but found nothing of importance. He tossed the bag back in my hands and walked up to me.

"This was useless, you're a useless piece of shit." He whispered to me. He slapped me in the face and pulled me by my hair to the sidewalk, dragging my weak body to an alley. He kicked me in the face and in the ribcage a couple times before walking away. I sat there for a while before getting up and limping back home.

   I walked in and saw Lucy sleeping on the couch. I walked into the bathroom and cleaned up when Lucy walked in behind me.

"Woah, what happened to you?" She asked me.

"Oh, it was nothing." I turned around, grimacing.

"No, you need to go to the hospital to get checked up on. You side is bleeding and you don't look well." She ran to grab her keys and helped me out to her car.

"Lucy, I'm fine." I said. She rolled her eyes and helped me in the front seat. I held on to my side and began to feel dizzy.

"Stay awake, Luna. You need to stay awake." Were the last words I heard before my eyes closed and I went unconscious.

*****