Chapter 27

We had two more game before we were allowed to go home for the holidays, Nashville and Dallas. I was extremely excited to see Tyler again, as close as we are, its just not the same when you live in two different states. Our two games were back to back, unfortunate, I know.

   I had to wake up early this morning for practice, again. Even though I wasn't the one skating, I was still exhausted after every practice, without fail. Honestly, I just want to be back in LA so I don't have to be up so damn early, especially because I switched all of my classes to online.

   All of my Christmas presents, I bought along this long road trip and planned on wrapping them on the 23rd. I was excited to see my family again, whether they're a bit annoying at times or not. Now that I was living in LA and working for the NHL, they seemed to realize that I wasn't a child anymore and stopped treating me like one.

"Luna, are you ready to leave for the game?" Nick yelled through the door.

"I have clothes on, I'm just grabbing my shoes."

"Oh, okay." He said and barged in. "I hope we play well these next to games."

"I agree, I like seeing Tyler win and all but would like to see you guys kick some butt out there." I nodded, smiling at him.

"Have you talked to Aspen much lately?" I asked him.

"Yeah, actually. She said she wants to come to LA for a bit after the break to see us." He informed me, smiling from ear to ear.

"That's awesome. It's going to be so weird to not see you for four days though."

"Well you're not wrong." He said, pushing me out the door. "But we'll be late for the game if we leave any later."

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my eyes at him, "I do not take that long."

"Luna, I was supposed to be there a half hour ago but for some reason, I waited for you." He laughed.

"You waited because I'm awesome." I retorted.

"Actually, I think I am. I did wait for you and I put up with you every day."

"Please, I'm a pleasure to be around. You on the other hand?" I continued to counteract with his suggestion.

~~~

   It was halfway through second and the only goal was Nick's from first period. I was so proud of him for his second goal. They never stopped fighting to keep the lead and continued to try to score some more, but didn't get anymore until third. In third, they scored 3 more goals and shutout Nashville, the entire team roaring with happiness in the locker rooms.

"Does everyone have clothes on?" I creaked the door open and yelled through the slit.

"I think you're safe!" I heard a deep voice reply. I walked in and went straight to Nick.

"I'm nervous to see Tyler again." I told him with a sheepish smile on my face.

"Why would you be nervous? You've already slept at your house. Aren't you just staying there again?"

"Oh, crap, I haven't asked him."

"Well do it now."

   I ran out of the locker room and dialed Tyler's number, after a few rings, he picked up.

"Hello?" His tired voice came through the speakers.

"Hey, Ty. I was wondering if I could stay at your house tonight and tomorrow?" I asked him, crossing my fingers with hope.

"Obviously, when will you be landing in Dallas?" He asked me.

"Well I leave Nashville in an hour and a half, so at 12, I should be landing around two." I explained the plan to him. "But I can just get a cab to your place."

"No, I'll come get you. I want to, don't worry. But in the meantime, I'd like to get some more sleep." He laughed through the phone. "I'll see you soon, Luna."

"See you soon, Tyler." I answered and hung up.

   The team checked out of the hotel before the game, so everyone had their bags in the locker room. I went in one more time to collect my things and got on the bus to the airport, sitting next to Anze. My flight, this time, was next to Jeff.

   We arrived at the airport and waited for the announcement to board out flight. It felt like time had paused, my stomach was twisted in knots and I couldn't wait to see Tyler again. It had been a month since I last saw him and my excitement levels were through the roof.

   After what felt like days, the team piled onto the flight. I took my seat next to the window, Jeff sitting next to me. Drew and Nick were in front of us, but everyone was so tired that no one spoke a word.

*****