Chapter 11

Shout out to Dance4545 for the cover! 

       I still hated going to school. I was never going to get used to the fact the five days a week, I had to go somewhere with a lot of people. I really hated it.

       It was even worse when Karen wasn't at school for the day because she was one the only person I felt comfortable with in the classes we shared together.

       Why did my cousin ever have to get sick and leave me alone?

       Tyler always hung out with me at lunch, but lunch wasn't the time where my anxiety was really bad since we always found a place to eat with not too many people around.

       It was actual class time that I hated.

       The teachers knew about my anxiety disorder and they treated it well. If everyone had to pair up for a discussion that they would later tell the class and Massey decided to rudely pair up with someone else, I got to sit it out.

       However, me sitting out felt like everyone was judging me because they weren't able to sit out.

       It was the worst feeling ever.

       Today in art class, Mrs. Jeffery told everyone that we were going to be doing a project in pairs. Projects was what I hated the most when it was done in pairs or groups because Massey always wanted to be with one of her other friends.

       Well, not this time.

       After Mrs. Jeffery told us to find a partner, Massey got up and sat down beside me. "Sup, twin partner," she said. "And before you ask, no, I'm not partnering with you just because you're an art prodigy."

       "Really?" I asked. "And here I was, thinking that was exactly the reason. If that's not the reason, what is?"

       "Katie told me to," Massey said. "She thinks I'm being a bit....well, un-twin like to you since you started going to public school and I have to agree. I'm sorry, by the way, for kind of ignoring you."

       "It's okay," I said. "Even if you didn't, I would still be feeling the same way in every class. Kind of. Maybe a bit less anxious."

       "Alright," Mrs. Jeffrey said. "I see you're all paired up. So, for this project, you will be creating something out of clay. Something that represents both you and your partner. I do this every year and I love seeing the results. My favorite one had to be when this one pair, my admittedly favorite student being one, combined two items of a basketball and a guitar because they didn't have too much in common."

       Massey raised her hand and Mrs. Jeffrey nodded in her direction. "Do I get bonus marks for being that pair's daughter?"

       "Ah, right, I keep forgetting you're Luke and Melody's daughter," she said. "And no."

       "Aww," Massey said. "....You said my mom was your favorite student. Would I get bonus marks for sculpting her?"

       "Why would you sculpt her for the project?"

       "Uh, because the project is something that represents us pairs. She's my mom. She represents me."

       "You and your partner, Massey. Not just you."

       "She's Jeremy's mom too. My brother's my partner."

       "....You're not sculpting your mom, Massey. And since Jeremy is your partner, I'm going to have high expectations for you two."

       "What?"

       "You heard me," Mrs. Jeffrey said. "Think outside the box."

       "It's kind of hard when Jeremy and I have a lot in common," Massey said. "Parents, siblings, birthday. We shared a womb. A womb."

       I leaned closer to Massey. "Don't worry, we'll think of something," I said in a quiet voice for only her to hear.

       "Fine, fine," Massey said.

       "Anymore questions?" Mrs. Jeffery asked. There were a few and once it was over, we had time to start thinking of something.

       "I have an idea," Massey said. "We make a womb."

       "Yeah, that's not thinking out of the box," I said.

       "Well, it represents us."

       "But she has high expectations."

       "Only because Mom was her favorite student and you got all her talents."

       "I'm serious, we'll still think of something."

       "Okay, then think."

       "Are we allowed to paint the sculpture we make?"

       "How would I know?"

       "Go ask."

       "You go ask. It's your question."

       I just stared at her.

       "Right. I'll go asked." Massey got up from her seat and went to Mrs. Jeffrey  before coming back. "She said we can paint it. Why? What do you have planned?"

       I grabbed a piece of paper nearby and began sketching my idea. After a rough draft, I showed it to her. "While we are twins, we are still different," I said. "So, basically, the yin and yang symbol."

       "Ooh, I like it," she said. "But how about instead of those dots on both sides, we put a fetus on both sides. Like it's a womb."

       "You're obsessed with the womb idea," I said. "But I like it. That is definitely thinking outside the box."

       "Great, so how about you sculpt, and I paint?"

       "No way."

       "Yes way."

       "And how is that fair?"

       "You want a good mark, right? Painting a pre-made sculpture is something I can do. Making a sculpture, I can't. You can, you prodigy."

       "Still no."

       "I'll....I don't know, do your homework."

       "....You'll do my homework?"

       "Uh, yeah, that's what I just said."

       I snorted. "Sorry, but I don't want my GPA to fall."

       "Oh, right, you're a genius too, Mr. Perfect."

       "If I was perfect, you really think I'd have selective mutism?"

       "Every perfect person has flaws."

       "Do you not know how contradicting that is?"

       "No, because I'm not perfect like you."

       "I'm not perfect."

       "Yeah, sure."

       "I'm not."

       "Sure."

       "Sure."

___________________

GASP! I updated! IT'S A MIRACLE. cx

Lol, I'm sorry for the 3 month wait. cx MY BAD. 

Omg so yesterday, I bought my brother Pokemon Moon, AND HE PLAYED IT UNTIL FOUR IN THE MORNING. He already has Pokemon in the 30's level, and my highest is 18 on Pokemon Sun. cx