Chapter Eleven: Something To Tell/Secrets/Believe

Hey guys,

So I've almost reached 21K reads. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW! Thank you so much! So here's chapter eleven. I posted it early as a little thank you for all of your support. I'd appreciate if you voted or commented and a follow would be awesome. So, I wasn't sure for the name of this chapter so I gave it three names. Perhaps you could all comment and let me know which chapter name you like best? That would be fab.

Thanks for reading this far and I hope you enjoy the chapter! :)

-Elisha122! :)

Chapter Eleven: Something To Tell/ Secrets/ Believe

Two days later, my father had gotten worse. Not only had he not recollected any memories that him and Aaron has shared, but he didn't remember hardly anything about the past. His past. Our past. He'd forgotten that my mother had died and kept constantly asking where she was. Aaron lied for me every time, he sensed I was upset and took the job upon himself. Every time she was either still travelling to get here or had been caught up in traffic. No matter how long I tried to hold it off, he still hadn't been able to decode my lies, well Aaron's lies.

"Where is your mother Lola, I can barely hold on any longer. She sure is taking her time..."

I bit my top lip, pressing them together and slowly compressed my eyes together, taking deep breaths in and out. Aaron wasn't around, he'd popped downstairs for several coffees. This was all down to me. I thought of telling the truth, how nothing had been the same since she'd left. How hard this was on both of us, how heart-wrenchingly brutal her departure had been. But I tried to stay as emotionless as possible, because I knew that if I shed tears, he'd find it even more unbearable. I had to be strong, for him.

I leaned closer towards his bed, watching his hand grip mine.

"I have something to tell you Dad," I began, "Mum isn't- she's not around anymore Dad."

His eyebrows narrowed and he shook his head, dismissing my last comment. "Don't be so silly Lola. What on Earth are you talking about?"

Here come the tears...

"Mum died in a car crash, years ago. It happened when I was very little. I was at school the day it happened. I remember no-one came to pick me up. You'd been with mum in hospital as she said her last words and I was sitting in the school office, worrying about my father who hadn't shown up. I-" remembering this was almost unbearable, "I cried and cried. The woman in the office told me to calm down, but I could feel something very wrong. I could feel it in my bones, Dad. I'd never feared losing someone before and that day I did. I lost mum, and I lost you."

He'd seemed to focus his eyes on my hand bound to his and he let go, removed his hand from mine. I watched him turn the other way, ignoring me. He curled up in a ball and shook his head. "Your lying Lola, why are you lying to me?" No emotion showed in his voice which made things ten times worse. He wouldn't understand, no matter how much I explained it to him. He'd never have the same trust he'd had years ago for his only daughter. And he didn't remember how broken I was once she'd first gone. He'd never knew how much I loved her, and how much he did too.

"I can't explain to you how sorry I am Dad. Listening to this dreadful news once is enough. No-one should have to listen to this twice. I'm so sorry."

"Just get out of my sight Lola, I need to think!" Was all he said before I hurried away, drying my tears into the sleeve of one of Aaron's shirts that he'd lent me from his home. As I ran away, I bumped into Aaron. His coffee's spilt on the floor and after he noticed my emotion and became automatically speechless I ran past him, trying to escape. I covered my face with my hands, just allowing my eyes to be shown amongst the thick material.

"Lola!" Aaron's voice echoed throughout the hallways. I thought I heard him move behind me but I didn't check just in case my thoughts were true.

I was just trying to escape from Aaron, my father and my constant worries. I hoped to God he wouldn't find me, I wanted to be alone. I darted out of St. Jude's and sat on on of the wooden benches outside next to an elderly couple, propping my feet on the pine and crying my little heart out.

The elderly couple muttered something amongst themselves and moved themselves from the bench. I just continued to sit with my head buried in my hands, sobbing like I did the first time my mother died, and now it was the second and I was broken.

It was about three minutes later when I heard his voice, "Lola?"

I tried to say something but my lips wouldn't open, my eyes were watering so much the liquid had somehow sealed my eyes together like superglue.

I removed my hands from my face, releasing my disguise. Then he ran over to me and cradled me in his arms like a newborn baby. "Oh, Lola. It's OK, I promise you everything will be just fine..." No matter how soothing his voice was, nothing could calm me. I felt like my own world was falling apart. It was as if the walls of this dungeon were secured tightly to the ground, static with electricity. Guarding me into this perimeter of isolation.

"Please, just don't try... There's no point."

He narrowed his eyebrows and removed my hair from my eyes, swiftly. "Come on, tell me what happened." He moved my legs from the bench and sat next to me, giving me a look of depth and electricity.

I couldn't help but feel slightly destructed. I sniffed, attempting to tell the story. "I told him the- the truth about my mum. I know you tried to hide it from him but I couldn't keep it in any longer. I just needed to let it go- let everything go. He didn't believe me and told me to get out of his sight..." Tears fell from my eyes again and I wiped them once more in my sleeve. I looked into Aaron's eyes, behind the obvious sector. "I've lost him, haven't I?"

Aaron didn't even hesitate but immediately shook his head, giving me a hug. "You haven't lost anyone Lola. No matter how far away your mother is, she's looking down on you right now. She's praying that you'll keep your faith- she doesn't want you to give up Lo. And your father, he'll get better. Here-" he handed me the card, the card of the stranger I'd met only a couple of days ago "You dropped this on your way out. That's how I found you. I think you should call this man, he might be able to help you come to terms with everything. Shall I call him for you?"

I shook my head, "I'll call him... Later. Once I've sorted myself out."

He looked into my eyes, as if trying to look through them, deep inside my heart. The air outside suddenly warmed a little, and the cold spectrum of chilling breeze had swept away. Into the wind. "Oh Lola, don't give up hope."

"I won't," I replied, "Thank you, Aaron."

Aaron chuckled, looking a little bewildered and lost. "What for Lo?"

"For believing in me, you seem to be the only person in the world who still has faith in me. Thank you for that."

He grinned, cheesily. "I'm not the only one. You have faith in yourself Lo- you just can't see it yet. But I know you will, you'll learn to believe, I promise you."

I promise you. They were words I'd never heard before.