Chapter Six: Lola Haster - The Artist!

Thank you everyone for reading this far into the story! :) Here's chapter six updated for the third-and-probably-not-final time! Don't forget to comment, vote and follow as that really helps me out and also let's me know that your enjoying my story/chapter/writing. If you have any questions or queries, remember that you can always ask me via message or in the comments section. Also, check out my questions section at the bottom, guys. Thanks again, -Elisha122!

Chapter Six: Lola Haster - The Artist!

The next week was magnificent, unbeatable and just simply and completely indescribable. I couldn't exactly sum it up into words - we were being spontaneous, living in the moment and feeling like a weight was lifted from our shoulders after quite a couple of tracks had been recorded and after progressing so well with the album.

Me and Larry had just finished a lengthy, exhausting and effortful day in the studio and were prowling around the hotel bar, sitting on the most comfortable red leather, velveteen stools. He sipped his orange juice and faced me, "We're really doing well with this album, don't you think?"

I nodded, "Yeah, great. I just wish that I somehow miraculously-" I then used quotation marks "Fitted this celebrity image. All of these stars are so glamorous - I mean look at them all. With glossy dark hair and teeth as pure as snow. They're just so-"

Larry shook his head affirmatively. Almost as if he was certain that I'd made an error of judgement. He wore a deep leather biker jacket with silver-engraved studs and his dark hair somehow seemed lighter under the neon lights flickering against the sunburnt walls.

"You don't need to fit the celebrity image, Lola, the image needs to fit you."

I narrowed my eyebrows and he quickly seemed to sense my confusion. It was almost as if he knew that I'd ask for further explanation. "Look - all I mean is that you shouldn't work so hard - let your hair down and have some fun with everything Lola. Remember, just like the head shots? Have fun with this whole experience. Don't be who your supposed to be - be who you want to be. Be you, Lola."

I smiled shyly. He sipped his drink again and then it hit me. He was perfect. Okay, I've probably mentioned that a zillion times before but active, glistening, sparkling light was literally radiating off of him. He was a saint - the person who had taken me away from the dreary life of being a Diner Girl to being someone worthy enough to stand tall and proud. We held eye contact and he was about to speak when Karl rounded the sloped bar and suddenly appeared next to us.

"Did you get it?" Larry asked, screeching excitedly.

Karl nodded, "Uhm-mhm. You bet I did, it's right here."

I noticed that he clasped a rolled up sheet of paper, like a treasure map or something, only not coffee-stained and tacky. It looked like a proper poster, but I didn't know what it was. After asking him, he smirked and so did Larry when I turned to him.

"Guys, seriously... What are you doing?"

Karl unfolded the poster and held one end as Larry held the other. As I saw what they'd done I gasped unexpectedly and froze. There we were - Larry in his suit acting serious in his Usaain-Bolt pose imitation, Karl with his hands on his cheeks looking as tanned as ever, airbrushed to look like perfection, with zero flaws.

Then there was me - my big rounded bright red lips pouted whilst my guitar sat just in front of me being plucked by no other than myself. I'd never seen myself like this before - my eyes were smoky and my lashes were spidery, my clothing looked spotless and I looked... Happy. I liked that look - that moment meant so much to me and I was relieved that I didn't look like a horrific monster, but I still didn't want the unnecessary attention that I knew these daredevils would draw to me.