Chapter Two: Entrance to Stardom

Hello, fellow story fans! So, this is chapter two of my super-old story Diner Girl! which I have chosen to update because, well, I'm hoping to make it suck less. Anyway, let me know what you all think! Oh, and don't forget to check out my little section down the bottom - it's new(ish)! I hope you all like this chapter - remember - vote/comment/follow :)
Thank you everyone,
-Elisha122!
-------------------
Chapter Two: Entrance to Stardom.

Five minutes later I was sat around one of the larger, cherry-red booths with Larry Matthams - the one and only, mega-superstar, worldwide inspiration. OK, I'll stop there.
Five minutes ago I was thinking that this complete stranger was a stalker, and now my feelings towards him were perhaps too expressive and I was being was too biased. After Larry had dropped the lexical bomb, I could barely pick up the pad I'd dropped from the floor let alone grab his order, so Imogen grabbed it for me, after Dan and the popular kids left the store, the latter persuaded by their boyfriends (or admirers in Deirdre and Drew's case). "Maxwell's not back until three," Imogen reminded me, "No-one here cares if you don't serve. In fact, you won't be needing to do that much longer, it appears." She smirked knowingly and as she left, I examined the area in which we sat.

The table in this booth was retro-style - checkered like my apron, but it had been recently cleaned, like a new slate was forming. The new Lola Haster. Was I being too optimistic and fangirlish? Totally. But even that didn't stop me. Even though the flat table was quite dodgy, it still stood upright. I sat on one of the puffy, leather-fitted chairs which had already been deeply moulded by the person who sat here before me.

"How - when did this all happen?" I asked. Larry took off his sunglasses revealing his two muddy brown eyes which were calm under the soft light of the lanterns bordering the ceiling. I suddenly had the lyrics from a Rihanna song in my head. Shine bright like diamonds in the sky.

"Lets just say that me and my team have been looking for undiscovered artists around America and we immediately came across your videos, Lola. We thought you were, well, I guess perfect for the industry. A little improvement is needed on the playing, the chord progressions and the picking, but your voice is essentially perfect."

I couldn't believe it. I had woken up that morning like I usually did - left a shopping list on the counter for Dad and jetted off out of the front door, locking it behind me so that I didn't wake him. I hopped on the shuttle bus and made my way to Maxwell's to be greeted by a furious Boss, angry that I was late, like usual. I couldn't help it - the bus timetables just didn't bring me luck, and if I left the house any earlier I'd turn up half-asleep due to my lifelong insomnia. Now, looking at Larry's impeccable features and the hope foreshadowed by the light, creating a glow in his eyes reminded me of what I had dreamt of for years. This couldn't be real... It just couldn't be. Could it? God, Lola, get a grip.

What would be next? Endless rides from sparkling limousines? Paparazzi showing up to take my picture? And then there was the one thing that had always terrified me since I was a kid - stardom.

Perhaps I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Yeah, just a tad.

"I just - I can't believe it. I never thought I'd meet you. You're Larry Matthams and I'm just a waitress in some remote Diner in Texas. Why me over the millions of other girls who put covers on YouTube? And, how did you find me?" I was aware that I'd asked a similar question about how this all happened, but I wanted to know why it was me they chose, not some other Diner girl. I knew there were tons of them - I knew some from school before I graduated in June. Sometimes when I'm passing town I pop into the cafés they work in, always murky and degrading, to greet them and ask them how they're getting on, but I never kept in contact with any of them, besides my one best friend, Aaron who I'd known since I was merely a kid. He evidently wasn't a 'Diner girl' like me, but we'd always shared a sort of familiar value for life and perspective of life. It was hard to explain - it was an emotional and mental connection more than anything.