Happy Birthday

~West' s perspective~
It's been a few months since we had been adopted by Lillian and Charlie. They were nice people, don't get me wrong. I'm just confused why they won't ever say my name, "West" it's not that hard. Is it? I'm being distracted. When Skye gets back from school, we were going to surprise her with a party since today was her birthday. Lillian and Charlie didn't allow me to go to an actual school, so I do my courses online since they think a big school is too dangerous for a cripple like me. Which I guess makes sense, due to the wave of people that will run me over by accident.  I drag my limp legs up the stairs to the spare wheelchair and then wheel myself towards the couch where I duck my head behind, looking to Charlie and Lillian. We then hear Skye come through the door and we pop our heads up and yell "surprise!" As she sees us. She smiles. "Aww, you guys!" She says, going over to us. Lillian was holding a cake and Charlie was holding the lighter. I sat the candle I had in my pocket, on the cake and then Charlie lit it. I follow him as he sat it on the table. Skye sits down and blows it out. "Thank you guys!" She says, hugging us, I smile. "We also got you a gift" Lillian says, though that was the surprise for me. I'd never gotten any thing for my birthday and they never told me they even got her a gift. She then comes out with a box with some holes in it. She then undid the red ribbon tied on it and Skye opened the lid and lifted a fluffy kitten out of it. I could hear it purr as she cuddled it. "Awe, thanks guys" she says. I looked down with a smiled. "Happy birthday" I say to her. "Thanks" she smiles, looking to me. I then feel her kissing my forehead. I look to her, blushing a little. I looked to her with a smile. Later that night, Charlie came down and told us about this story he was writing. It was about us, only he used different names and changed our past lives a little.