the Couple

-Skye's perspective-
I follow the caretaker down the hallway, hearing West's squeaky wheels behind me. I turn to look at him. He looked a little nervous as we reached the meeting room. I hug him, trying to comfort him. "It'll be okay, don't worry" I whisper to him as the caretaker opens the door, revealing a nice looking couple who greets us with warm smiles. I kindly taking a seat as West wheels beside me. The couple's smile kinda fades as they see West. They probably just felt bad for him. "This is Skye and West" the caretaker says. "Hello, I'm Charlie and this is my wife Lilian" the guy says kindly. "Hello" we shyly say. "A-are you here to adopt us?" I hear West say. "Maybe, we're going to get take you both for two weeks before deciding" the woman replies, smiling. We both nod. "Okay" I say, smiling back. "Before we go, how about we learn more about you" she says. "I know that you were abused and that you were in a fire and got seriously injured" she tells us. "Yeah, it's true" I tell her, my smile beginning to fade as I remember Jack and John. "Is that why you're in a wheelchair?" The man asked West. He shyly nodded.  After a good long hour of answering their questions, they finally get up, signaling we are about to leave. "We don't really have room for a wheelchair, but I'm sure we can fit it in" the woman says, grabbing the handles. I notice West blush. "Uh, he actually like to push himself" I tell her, since West was too shy to. "Oh, okay" she says, letting go. I help West into their car as they get his wheelchair into the back of their suburban. West leans against me the whole way, and when we stop, we're at a Dairy Queen. They order us some food and we kindly thank them, eating some of the food, though I help West. "So, how long have you two been together?" One of them asks. "Only a few days" I tell them. They say nothing. We arrived at the house, which was a decent size. "Hope you don't mind sleeping in the basement. We have nice bed a down there and movies you can watch. We also have books yo u can read if you're into Harry Potter and the Hunger Games" Lilian says. "Thank you" I say, getting out of the car. "I hope you don't mind carrying him down to the basement" Charlie says to me. "It's fine. He's not that heavy" I say with a smile. We being our stuff in and I carry him down stairs as they brought hos wheelchair down as well. I set him on one of the very comfortable looking beds and then sat our bags down. "Thank you" I tell them, wrapping my arms around them. They flinch a little. They then pat my back. "No problem" they say. "There's a bathroom over there if you need It" they say before leaving us on our own. "This place is really nice" I tell him. "Yeah, it is" he muttered in agreement. "What's wrong? You've been rather quiet recently" I frown. "What if they don't like the two weeks with us? What if we're sent back? Do you think they like us?" He asked. I sit beside him, stroking his head. "Of course. I'm sure they do" I say, kissing his forehead. "How about we read one of the stories" I smile. "Lets finish the Harry Potter book" he says, and for the first time in forever he smiled back. I get the book for him and he begins reading it. "I love you" I tell him before he closes the book. He yawns, but doesn't say anything. He then wraps his arms around my neck, causing me to lay on his chest while facing him. He then kisses me in response. I blush as I feel my heart rate goes up.