|25|

Edited 03/02/2017

Rafael

"Follow me then." Vladimir says, calling us behind him. Walking off, the three of us look between each other, Gabriel smirks, "Ladies first."
"Shut up and come on." Mikhail muses, walking ahead. As we noticed, Vladimir liked to stay quiet, taking us down different corridors. I walked a good distance behind Gabe and Mikhail glaring daggers in Vladimir's back.
How dare he think he could put his hands on Scarlet. That son of a....
"Hey." Gabriel says, stopping to wave his hand through the air, "Why are we going lower down?" he asks, then I did notice that the air was cool and moist. More damp than anything, Vladimir didn't turn around but kept on walking. "They don't come down this far. They can't detect us from here, so they won't sense us when we come up. This more of avoiding unnecessary trouble." He answers, going down a particularly dark corridor.
Mikhail nods, walking on. "Alright, so what are we going to do when we actually get there?" I ask aloud, being sure to watch my footing, not that I needed to though, just as a precaution. "Well, as a first thought, I am going to try and negotiate with my son." Vladimir answers, stopping for a moment, looking down the corridors on his left and right.
Honestly who designed the layout of this place? Way too many corridors.
"And if that fails?"
"We see what happens then."
A loud clank was heard, echoing down and around us, "They're sealing the upper entrance." Vladimir murmurs, turning to face us briefly. "Come along then."

Scarlet

I wake up an hour later to Elizabeth lightly shaking my shoulder. Smiling down at me, "Hey, sorry to wake you like this." She says, her smile turning apologetic. "I just thought you'd like to get out of those clothes and perhaps get something to eat." She says carefully as I sit up in the infirmary bed, raising my hand to rub the sleep from my eyes. Smiling softly at the older woman. "That be nice, thank you. I hope it isn't much trouble." I answer, swinging my legs off the bed, attempting to get down. But with sleep still on my mind and the day's events, my legs seemed unwilling to cooperate. Standing wobbly on my feet, Elizabeth reaches out, her hand on the small of my back to steady me. "Easy now."
With her hand guiding me, Elizabeth leads me out of the infirmary, and up a flight of stairs, which in my daze, I didn't notice when I was first brought in.
After leading me up another set of stairs, Elizabeth stops in front of a door, pushing it open. "I'm sure Rafael won't mind.." Elizabeth says, handing me the clothes that was tucked under her arm. "They're new but I don't use them, they should fit you fine." She muses, motioning to the grey sweat pants and dark long sleeved tee, smiling at me.
Elizabeth leaves moments after, letting me get comfortable in Rafael's room. And I had to admit, for a guy, it was very well kept.
After a much needed shower, I found myself downstairs, in the quiet kitchen, eating the sandwiches that Elizabeth made for me. My eyes focusing on the trees that I could see from the kitchen window, chewing the food slowly. Almost choking on it as someone speaks behind me, "Hey Scarlet." I turn around on the island bar stool, seeing the brunette girl standing in the doorway. "Sorry," she says, noticing that she startled me. Tori walks into the kitchen, running a small white towel through her wet brown hair. She just took a shower I assume, I watch as the short girl bends down to fold up the ends of her long black tights. Standing to her full height, she wiggle her arms in attempt to get comfortable in a tee shirt that seemed to swallow her, and she scratches her at her cheek, "I feel like I'm forgetting something important," she mutters,pondering on the thought for a moment before shrugging it off.
"How're you feeling?" Tori asks, her voice quiet as she opens the large refrigerator for a small bottle of water. Cracking open the bottle to take a long drink, "I'm okay, still a bit dazed. But I'm alright." I smile, taking a sip of the glass of orange juice that sat next to my now empty plate, enjoying the chill of the liquid as it goes down my throat. "And thank you. For helping me," I add, and Tori smiles brightly at me, "Don't worry about it." Tori tosses her damp hair up into a messy bun on her head. Sitting down, and looking around the kitchen.
I blink, suddenly remembering that aunt Raven is probably worried sick.. or worse, just thinking if what may have happened makes me sick to my stomach. I look at Tori, "Um, Tori?" the girl who was previously toying with the paper wrapper around the bottle looks up at me, her brown eyes questioning.
"By any chance, do you know what happened to my aunt?" Tori looks like she just remembered something. "Oh, that's what I forgot to tell you." she says, chuckling sheepishly, "She's fine, Lucian said that you'd be able to see her soon, once this whole thing is cleared up and Victor gets her to keep quiet on the whole kidnapping thing. Since this is our business and not the police's." She explains.
Now, all that's left is to wait, pray and hope that everything goes well.
________________________________

okay, first update that's not a chapter! Yaay! So, this book is slowly coming to an end, I can't believe it's almost over. Good times, good times. Well, I'll see you guys in the next update. You lot stay sweet ❤