|13|

Edited 05/11/2015

I lay on my bed, my mind on what Lucian said this morning. Is he trying to say that he found out? Is he trying to threaten me? Obviously we both know the risks of me being around Scarlet, worse with her being my mate. That's just asking for trouble.
A knock on my door pull me from thoughts, "Rafael, we need you outside," Mikhail, says from behind the door. With a sigh, I push off my bed, meting Mikhail, who stood with an unusual serious expression. "What happened?"
"We lost a few on the shift last night, most we found injured,"
"Who did we lose?"
Mikhail sighs, walking down the stairs, motioning to Eleanor's pup, who was helplessly clinging onto Elizabeth. Her cries were silent, as Lizzie picks her up, nodding to me as she passes with the child. "Eleanor,"
As we step outside, I wasn't surprised to see the scouts already out, those who watches the border and the fighters. Lucian and Gabriel, at the front, Lucian assigning groups of six and fours.
Mikhail and I walks over to him, "Right, what's going on?"
"Some of the Night Shadow's scouts passed our territory borders last night," Gabriel, the youngest of the three De Marco siblings answers, a serious look in his grey eyes.
"We all know what we must do, keep your eyes and ears open," Lucian says firmly, "Stay alert, do not underestimate the Night Shadow pack,"
It wasn't long before we were all sorted into a group, Myself in a group of four, Mikhail and Gabriel in groups of six.
Mikhail and his group was to search the eastern border, while Gabriel and his was to check the west. My group and myself was to keep watch of the south, and Lucian was staying behind, with a group of his own, in case they manage to get pass us and come this way.
"Keep the links open, you will let me know when you are done checking the borders," Mikhail says after everyone opens their mind link. We all set off moments later, everyone going to their respective areas. Traveling deeper into the forests, the thick trees blocking out the sun, making it seem a bit darker. But it's no trouble for us in our wolf forms.
Everything seemed quiet as my eyes scans the border, not a sound, which is very unnerving, more of a reason to stay alert.
"The south is clear, -Gabe, how's things on your end?"
"Clear, and quiet." he answers through our personal link, one that we share with Mikhail and Lucian. "A little too quiet," I say, before quickly reaching out to Mikhail, only to find that he wasn't there, it was like an empty void in the corner of my mind. "Gabriel -"
"I know. I can't reach him either," As that was said, a distant howl comes from the Eastern side of the border.

_____________________________

Hey guys! Sorry I'm late, I couldn't get this up until today, I hope you guys can wait for the edited version of chapter fourteen. Which I'm working on I assure you.
Remember, stay sweet ♥ And I love you all.