|09|

Edited 29/08/2016

Rafael

Pulling my leather jacket, checking my wrist watch. i Sit on my bed to tie the laces of my shoe, my mind dazed a bit. "Off to somewhere special?" a voice that I could only recognise as Lizzie's as she stood at the entrance of my room. A soft smile on her lips, "Why would you think that?" I ask, sitting up straight, resting my hands on my knees. "Because," she walks into my room, closing the door behind herself softly. "You look quite eager, and - you're tapping your finger," she points out, causing me to look down at my hand, my index finger was tapping against my knee. I quickly close my hand into a fist, stopping the quick taps. I would call it nerves, really, I am nervous, this is all new to me, and approaching human methods to do things is scary.
"Is it a date?" Lizzie asks excitedly clasping her hands together. Looking at me with big brown eyes.
"It's morning -"
"-Dates can happen in the morning you know," She smiles upon hearing me sigh, giggling like a schoolgirl. "So who's the lucky girl? Is she from another pack?" Lizzie asks, smile brightening. I shift nervously, not sure if I want to tell her, she looks at me expectantly. "It's a girl, yeah. But she's not from a pack,"
"Oh.... she's a rog - "
" - she's human," I cut in, watching Lizzie's smile falter and fade. Confusion and surprise showing in her eyes, "A human...... Rafael you know the rules," she says, a little too loud for comfort. "It wasn't my choice,"
She sighs, crossing the room to sit on my bed. "Rafael, if Lucian finds out, or worse yet the council finds out. I understand that you have no say in who your mate is. But they wouldn't, the council wouldn't take this kind of thing lightly,"
"Lucian isn't going to find out, not unless you say something to him. This is between the both of us and I trust you to keep it that way." I get up, picking up my keys, Lizzie getting up behind me, following out the door. After we say our goodbyes and her usual 'stay safe' I left the house, going round back to where the vehicles we're kept. Not much of us here had vehicles, considering we don't need them and we walk everywhere. But I personally think that having one is confidential.
I get on my motorcycle, pulling on the gloves I had put into my pocket. Starting it up, letting the sound of the engine fill my ears, "Right, I hope Scarlet likes motorcycles,"

*****

I knock on the door, waiting, I take a few deep breaths. The door opens, revealing a shorter woman, black hair flowing past her shoulders. Her eyebrows raised, looking at the bike behind me. "Ah, Rafael right,"
"yes miss," I answer politely with a smile, she smiles back, opening the door wider so I could come in. "Scarlet mentioned you," she says, closing the door behind me, looking at a clock on the wall, "I'm not sure if she's awake, she's a bit if a late sleeper. Why don't you have a seat, and I'll go get her," she gestures to the living room, before walking around to the stairs.
I step into the living room, sitting on the couch. I feel my finger tapping against it, listening to the voices coming from upstairs.
- "So, a few weeks here and you already hooked up with a guy huh?"
"It's not like that! we're just going for coffee,"
"Yeah yeah, sure. Just go, the boy's waiting up,"
the voices fade and footsteps run downstairs, and Scarlet's red hair comes into view. Pulling a black beanie over her head, fixing the throw over plaid shirt. "Oh hey," she says upon seeing me there, I give a small wave "hey kitten,"
We walk outside after our goodbyes to her aunt, she stops short. "Is that yours? We're not going on that are we?"
"Don't worry, just hold tight and you'll be fine,"
--
Hey guys! Im back to editing! And as you know, this chapter continues in the next update, I decided to stop it short. So, thanks for reading!
Keep sweet
-dani ♥