Chapter 18

"Jace Wayland deserves to die." Evie said. She started to twitch with anger and spun around, punching a hole in the wall.
"Jace Wayland deserves to die." Evie screamed, over and over again. Sebastian stood watching her, smirking.

"Hey where's Evie and Sebastian?" Jace asked.
"Um I'm not sure actually." Izzy replied. "They were in the training room this morning and then left."
"I'm worried. I think we should look for them." Amelia stated.
"I can track them if you like?" Magnus offered, with a tired Alec resting his head in the crook of Magnus' neck and his arms wrapped around his waist.
"That'd be great. Thanks Magnus." Amelia smiled.
"Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean it's getting late and dark." Clary walked into the room and kissed Jace's cheek.
"That's more of a reason to look for them. They could be in danger." Alec replied.
"I'll get on to tracking them." Magnus said. "Is there anything of either Evie's or Sebastian's that I could use?"
"Yeah I'll just go get a t-shirt of their's or something." Amelia answered as she walked up the stairs. She came down a few minutes later, holding two t-shirts. "I got one of Sebastian's and one of Evie's." She said and passed them to Magnus.
Magnus took them and held them both in his hands. He closed his eyes and concentrated for a while, before he opened his eyes. "That's strange."
"What?" Jace asked.
"I tracked Sebastian with his t-shirt and it led me to a dead body that isn't even Sebastian, but when I tracked Evie with her t-shirt, it led me to her but she's with Sebastian in a manor." Magnus explained. "I don't think Sebastian is actually Sebastian Verlac. He's a fake."
"Oh my god." Amelia said. "We have to go to the manor now and warn Evie."

      Magnus led the way to the manor and when they arrived, Jace's knees nearly gave way.
      "No. No. No. No. No. No." Jace said, over and over again.
      "Jace? What's wrong?" Clary asked.
      "This is Evie's house. They shouldn't be here. This is a bad idea." Jace replied.
      "Why is it a bad idea?" Amelia asked.
      "Because this place is what made Evie turn dark." Jace said.

"I'm going out. Bye mum! Bye Dad!" Evie shouted through the house.
"Where do you think you're going?" Her mum came running through.
"I told you yesterday that I'm meeting Jace." Evie said as she opened the door and started to walk out.
"Do not walk away from me!" Her mum shouted and closed the door, smacking Evie in the face.
"But you said it was ok." Evie whined.
"Stop whining you stupid nine year old girl!" Her dad walked through now. "You know what. Our lives where so easy without you. Go and meet Jace. Go ahead. And never come back."
"Fine I will!" Evie shouted and she walked out the house, slamming the door behind her.
She met Jace and as soon as she saw him, she broke down into tears. His face dropped and he ran over to her, hugging her.
"Evie what's wrong?" He asked, concerned.
"It's my parents." She sobbed. "It's getting worse." She stopped crying and looked up at Jace. He could see a darkness in her eyes. Something he'd never seen before. "I should kill them." Evie said.
"No Evie stop!" Jace said.
"No Jace. I should kill them." Evie's eyes darkened.
"Ok but before you do, I want to show you something. Follow me." Jace led Evie to the warlock's house who took her memories of the beatings and the fights and the arguments with her parents. When she went home, everything changed. She smiled at her parents and hugged them, saying hello, instead of sulking and going straight to her room. They noticed the change and never beat her again. So she never remembered it. The memories were lost. The memories that made her who she was. But it was all for a good cause.

      Sebastian stood, holding Evie by her waist and kissed her.
      "I have something for you." Sebastian whispered.
      "Really?" Evie's eyes shone.
      Sebastian nodded and then held a vampire gun in front of Evie.
      "For me?" Evie asked excitedly.
      Sebastian nodded as Evie took it from his hands.
      "I love it!" She said. "I love you puddin'."
      "Puddin'?" Jace said as they all stood at the door of Evie's bedroom.
      "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Evie screamed as she held up the vampire gun.
      "Evie. That isn't Sebastian Verlac. He's a fake." Alec said, holding his bow and quiver up.
      "Don't worry she already knows. I already told her." Sebastian said.
      "Evie what the hell are you doing?" Amelia asked.
      "Jace Wayland deserves to die." Evie said.
      "Woah what did Jace ever do?" Clary said.
      "Oh hey there little sis." Sebastian said.
      "What did you just say?" Jace stood in front of Clary, as if to protect her.
      "Aww look at us. Siblings reunited." Sebastian cooed.
      "What are you talking about?" Isabelle scowled.
      "I'm Valentine's son." Sebastian stated. "Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern."
      "That explains the tracking on Sebastian's shirt." Magnus said. "You've been faking to be Sebastian Verlac this whole time."
      "Well I guess we found the person who's watching us for Valentine." Raphael said.
      "Shut up vampire." Evie said, aiming the gun at him.
      "EVIE!" Amelia shouted and stood in front of Raphael. "What has gotten into you."
      "Sebastian probably." Magnus whispered under his breath.
      "Well that escalated quickly." Simon said.
      "As I was saying." Sebastian carried on. "Siblings reunited. That's right Clary, I'm your brother. And Jace. Dear Jace. You're our brother."
      "You're lying." Jace said.
      "Am I? Jace Herondale." Sebastian replied and Jace's eyes went wide. "That's right Jace. How else do you think you got that star birth mark? All Herondales have it."
      "I thought you just said Jace was your brother." Isabelle said.
      "Ha fail." Simon whispered.
      "That's because Valentine adopted dear Jace here and posed as Michael Wayland." Sebastian explained. "He experimented on me with demon blood. I was the perfect soldier. Then he experimented on you Jace, with angel blood, whilst you were still in your mother's whom. How do you think you have such good skills? Your parents died before you were born but Valentine cut you out of your mother and took you in as Michael Wayland's child. You were a good soldier but you were too loving, too caring. So he faked his death, obviously as Michael Wayland and brought me up to be his soldier instead of you."
      "How come I never saw you around the manor?" Jace said.
      "Because he brought us up in different houses." Sebastian said.
      "Why would you tell us this?" Clary asked.
      "Because when you die, you need to know the truth." Sebastian replied.
      "Prove it." Jace said.
      "When you were six years old, your father gave you a falcon. He snapped its neck because he told you to make it obedient, instead you taught it to love you. Later, you cried over it." Sebastian told the story.
      Jace stood in shock for a moment. "How do you know that?"
      "Our father told me. We laughed over it." Sebastian smirked.
      Jace twitches with anger and held his seraph blade high in the air, running at Sebastian.
      "Stop or I shoot the vampire." Evie was now stood in front of Simon.
      Jace looked at Simon, then at Clary's worried face. He relaxed and walked back. "It's true." Jace mumbled. "He's telling the truth. All of it. He's Jonathan Morgenstern. You can tell by his pitch black eyes."
      Everyone looked at his eyes and they were filled with hatred and evil.
      "Oh and dear Clary. Our father experimented on you with Angel blood too. That's how you got the power of runes." Sebastian said.
      It all made sense. Everything fit into place now.
      "Evie come here babe." Sebastian said and Evie smiled and walked over to him.
      "I have something else for you." He said.
      He took off his bracelet and wrapped it around Evie's wrist. She looked at the writing on it. Acheronta movebo.
"If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell." Evie read.
"Raise hell with me." Sebastian said.
Evie looked up at him and smiled. The same smile Jace saw after her memories were taken. But it was different. It was more of an evil, cunning smile. She looked happy but she didn't. It wasn't her. "Of course I will!"

---------------------------------------------

Total Word Count: 1451

Ooooooh what's going to happen next?! You'll find out tonight!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Tell me what you think!

Vote / Comment / Share