Chapter 8

A/N: Sorry if this chapter is shit I'm writing it in class and trying not to get caught 😂

---------------------------------------------

      Amelia walked out of the Institute and saw Raphael stood there. She smiled and he smiled back. She walked over to him and he was stood in front of a vampire motorbike.
"Nice bike." Amelia smirked.
"Thanks." Raphael smiled. "Well, hop on." He started to get on the bike and Amelia got on behind him. She wrapped her arms around Raphael's waist to make sure she wouldn't fall off.

Raphael started up the bike and it zoomed forward.
"Woooooo!" Amelia screamed as they zoomed past all the buildings. She laughed a little and heard Raphael chuckle. They were heading for the ocean now.
"I hope you like heights." Raphael said.
"I love heights." Amelia laughed.
Just then, the bike lifted off the ground and over the water. Raphael made the wheels of the bike skim the water a little. He lowered the bike further and Amelia ran her fingers in the water.
"This is amazing!" Amelia said.
"Oh yeah? Do you want to go faster?" Raphael laughed.
"Go for it." Amelia laughed so Raphael lifted the bike off the water and high into the sky. The bike zoomed even faster and Amelia screamed a little before laughing.
"Get ready to land!" Raphael said as the approached a meadow filled with grass and flowers.
He lowered the bike softly onto the ground and got off. He held a hand out to Amelia to help her get off.

Amelia and Raphael had been laying in the grass of the meadow for about half an hour now. They were looking up at the stars and moon in a comforting silence.
"What's it like?" Amelia asked, breaking the silence, and turning her head to face Raphael. He turned his head to face Amelia and looked her in the eyes.
"What's what like?" Raphael asked.
Amelia looked back up at the starts and so did Raphael. "Being a vampire." She said.
"Well for starters, it's different to being a mundane. I don't know really - it's kind of painful." Raphael replied.
"How is it painful?" Amelia asked.
"Well were immortal so we have to watch the ones we love die. That's why I haven't fallen in love with a mortal being. But it's also why it's weird for me to be friends with you." Raphael turned to look at Amelia.
"Why is it weird?" Amelia asked, turning to look at him.
"Because I've blocked myself off from caring about someone who's mortal for so long and all of a sudden I care about you and you're mortal." Raphael smiled. Amelia smiled back and they both looked up at the stars again.
"What's it like being a Shadowhunter?" Raphael asked.
"Well first off, we have scars that are ugly. A girl shouldn't be covered in runes and scars. I mean I kind of like the runes but the scars are ugly. Jace, Alec, Izzy and Evie look perfect and beautiful with their scars but I don't. I don't suit the scars." Amelia said. "Being a Shadowhunter is ... I don't know. It's confusing." Amelia replied.
"How is it confusing?" Raphael asked.
"Because it's fun and obviously it's very different to being a mundane and it feels normal to us because we're not mundanes. It's who we are. It's my career, it's what I do. I guess it's confusing because we're mortal and it scares us to think that's we'll grow old and die, that's what we have in common with mundanes, but when we're in battle, we think I'm ready to die." Amelia answered. "I guess we don't like the idea of dying of old age - we'd rather die in battle, die being a hero."
"Being immortal isn't exactly a party either." Raphael said.
"I'd like to be immortal. I mean I know I'd watch the ones I love die and I'd never get over that but we watch the ones we love die anyway. And being immortal means that we don't have to be scared of what's going to happen in the end. If I was immortal I wouldn't think about how my whole life is pointless because it's going to end anyway. And there's the fear of what there is after death." Amelia said.
"I suppose you have a point." Raphael said.
There was a long silence before Amelia broke it, "Well this got deep very fast." They looked at each other again and laughed. Just then, Amelia got a text. "Ugh I'll have to go. Izzy wants backup." Amelia told Raphael and stood up.
"I'll take you there, were do you need to go?" Raphael stood up.
"Magnus Bane's lair." Amelia replied.
"No problem. I know where it is." Raphael said and helped Amelia onto the bike before getting on in front of her.
Amelia wrapped her arms around Raphael's waist again before saying, "Sorry about this."
"It's ok." Raphael told her. "If you want you can come back to the hotel dumort when you're finished?"
"That'd be great. I'll text you when we're finished. I would say you can come into Magnus' lair with me but, unless you want a massive questionnaire from Izzy and Evie, I wouldn't advise it." Amelia laughed.
"Yeah I'd quite like to avoid that." Raphael laughed. "Well just text me and I'll come and pick you up."
"Ok." She replied.