Chapter 9

A/N: If you've only read the books and not seen the TV show then you won't know that Luke works at a police station in the TV show and that's where he works in my fanfic!

---------------------------------------------

Amelia walked downstairs from her room and was met with Izzy and Evie.
"Hey where's Clary and Jace?" She asked.
"Still at Magnus' with Luke." Izzy replied.
"You've not changed your style." Amelia smiled at Izzy.
"Nope. Staying as the same old Izzy. We don't exactly want you never seeing Raphael again now do we." Izzy smirked.
"We're just friends." Amelia rolled her eyes.
"We know. But we're getting you two together whether you like it or not." Evie said.
"Well can we concentrate on Magnus and Alec please? I think they're getting close considering I don't see Alec anywhere which means he slept at Magnus' place." Amelia smirked. "Speak of the devil."
Izzy and Evie turned to look at Alec, walking into the institute.
"Slept at Magnus' place?" Izzy asked.
"Didn't do much sleeping." Alec replied. "I was helping treat Luke's wounds. That's all."
"Really?" Amelia smirked.
"What?" Alec asked.
"Nothing. We believe you." Evie replied.
"Ok. Magnus made cocktails." Alec admitted. "I'm telling you, nothing else happened."
"When you're ready to talk about whatever you need to talk about, we're here." Izzy said.
"Hey, I talk to you." Alec defended.
"About everything but your personal life." Izzy told him. "You know, and it's kind of not fair, because I talk to you about mine all the time. For example, I broke up with Meliorn."
"Wait what?!" Amelia and Evie both looked at Izzy.
"It's because of the whole restoring the family name thing isn't it?" Evie guessed. Izzy just looked down.
"Izzy I'm so sorry." Amelia tried to comfort her.
"It's for the best anyway." Izzy said.
"You sure you're ok?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah I'm fine." Izzy replied.
"Jace and Clary are calling for backup." Alec told them, looking down at his phone. "They know where the cup is."

Clary was with Jace, trying to find the mortal cup. Earlier on, she had been talking to Luke and her drawing book was out and the box her mother used to have with the initials J.C on it, for her brother Jonathan Christopher, was stood on her drawing book. She had leaned on it and it was stuck in the paper as a drawing. She finally worked out where her mother put the cup! It was in one of the cards her mother used to paint and they were in Luke's desk draw at the police station. All of Luke's things had been emptied from his desk draw into a box in a storage unit upstairs though so they had a plan.

Amelia, Izzy, Alec and Evie were attempting to get one of the officer passes to get into the station.
"Ok Alec you need to distract." Izzy said turning to Alec.
"What? But that's your thing." He said to Izzy.
"I don't think I'm her type." Izzy said and made Alec turn to look at the woman police officer sat at her desk.
"Oh crap." Alec muttered.
"At least it'll give you practice." Evie said.
"Practice for what?" Alec said.
"Asking out Magnus." Amelia replied and Alec gave them an annoyed look as if to say really. Izzy started to unbutton his shirt.
"Izzy what are you doing?" He asked and tried to push Izzy's hands away.
"I'm unbuttoning your shirt. What does it look like I'm doing?" Izzy answered.
"It'll help distract." Evie said.
"This isn't really my department." Alec pushed her hands away.
"Do you want me to come with you?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah." Alec replied.
Amelia rolled her eyes before her and Alec walked over to the woman police officer at the desk. Alec leant over, resting his hands on the desk.
"Hey." He smiled, trying to flirt. Amelia wanted to laugh. It was the worst flirting she'd seen.
"Can I help you?" The woman asked.
"Yeah. Um you come here often?" Alec smiled. Amelia was on the verge of laughing.
"I work here." The woman said, annoyed. "Is there something I can help you with?"
"Right. Yeah right right right." Alec said awkwardly. He looked at the surroundings on the desk and so did Amelia. She knew exactly what he was thinking. There was an open water bottle next to paper work and it was near a stand for leaflets. The ID pass was near Amelia. "I'm just looking for some information." Alec went to reach for the leaflets and purposefully knocked over the water bottle.
"Oh I am so sorry." He said and tried to help clean up. Amelia flicked the ID pass and Izzy walked passed and caught it. Her and Evie both went to turn off the electricity to give Clary and Jace the signal, whilst Alec still tried to help clean the water.
"Just go. Just go." The woman said.
"Ok." Alec grabbed some leaflets. "Thank you." Alec said.
"Sorry about my brother. He's quite clumsy." Amelia said before they walked away.
"Not too bad." Amelia said as they walked to join the others.
"Are you kidding? That was a complete disaster." Alec replied.
"Well we got the ID pass to Izzy and Evie so I don't think it was a disaster." Amelia said.
"I suppose you're right." Alec smiled.
"You need to work on your flirting skills though if you want to impress Magnus. Although I think he's already impressed with what he's seen so it won't be a problem impressing him." Amelia smirked and Alec just gave her look as if to say this again?