Chapter 6

A/N: I was going to update earlier but I got so caught up with homework sorry!

---------------------------------------------

      "The demon looks like this." Jace showed an image on the screens of a demon.
"Shouldn't be hard to miss." Amelia said.
"Let's go get ready." Izzy smiled so they all walked to their rooms to get ready.

When Amelia walked out of her room, in a leather jacket, black T-shirt and black jeans, she walked into Clary.
"Hey. How come you're not ready to hunt the demon?" Amelia asked Clary.
"I wasn't told." Clary replied with confusion on her face.
"Oh, well we're going now but I'm sure you'll be fine wearing what you're wearing." Amelia smiled.
They walked to get some weapons and met with the rest of the group. Evie was catching up with Jace and Izzy and Alec were getting weapons ready.
"Hey. How come no one told Clary about hunting the demon?" Amelia asked.
"Because she's not coming." Alec said.
"Alec don't be so rude. Clary doesn't really have enough training and doesn't know much about this world to hunt a demon yet." Jace explained.
"Hey! I've faced the silent brothers. I've faced a memory demon!" Clary replied, annoyed.
"Firstly, the silent brothers aren't demons, and second, we haven't made any progress." Alec said. "Why would you tell her about hunting a demon?" Alec turned to Amelia.
"Because I thought she was coming with us." Amelia replied. Nobody said anything next so Amelia just had to break the silence. "Well this is awkward."
"Don't worry I'll just stay here." Clary said.
"Are you sure?" Amelia asked.
"Yeah it's fine." Clary said but she had a hurt look in her eyes. She took one look at Jace and walked away.
"Let's go." Jace said.

It didn't take them long to hunt the demon. The demon was now hovering around outside the vampire lair.
      "What's it doing here?" Evie whispered.
      "I don't know. I don't really know exactly why it would choose to come here." Jace whispered back.
"You know what to do." Jace nodded at Amelia and Amelia nodded back.
Amelia steadily walked toward the demon, her soundless rune working, so that she wouldn't be heard as she walked closer. Just as she was about to fight the demon, a figure pounced at it. She instantly recognised the figure, as if she had known him her whole life. Raphael. The demon started to hiss and try to get Raphael off as he clung on to the demon, attempting to bite it. It was finally able to shrug off Raphael and smacked him sideways so that he bashed into a wall and fell to the floor. Amelia stared in shock and swung her seraph blade up and brought it down on the demon's back. The demon screeched and turned to face her. She sliced into the demon, making an X shape. The demon screeched again and leaped at Amelia until Raphael pounced forward and bit the demon. That's when the rest of the group cut in and fought the demon too. Evie and Amelia both sliced through the demon and it turned to ashes. Amelia absentmindedly turned to look at Raphael, checking that he's alright. She walked towards him.
"Are you hurt?" Raphael asked and looked at her with worried eyes.
"No I'm fine." Amelia replied. "Are you ok? That looked painful when you were thrown against the wall."
"Yeah I'm fine. I'm a vampire." Raphael smiled and Amelia smiled with him.
"I don't think I've introduced myself." Raphael said. "I'm Raphael Santiago."
"Amelia Lightwood." Amelia smiled and they shook hands.

---------------------------------------------

Total Word Count: 639

I know this was a really short chapter sorry! I'm updating tomorrow though and it'll be a longer chapter!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Tell me what you think!

Vote / Comment / Share