Chapter 24

"Where has Clary gone?" Jace suddenly asked as he realised Clary wasn't with them anymore.
      "I don't know. She was here a minute ago." Simon replied.
      Jace suddenly came to a realisation. "She's gone looking for Valentine and Sebastian."

      Clary had worked out where Valentine and Sebastian were. She realised that they were going to summon the Angel Raziel. She arrived at Lake Lyn and found Valentine stood with Sebastian.
      "Ah my dear Clarissa." Valentine turned towards her. "Do join us."
      Clary breathed in and took a step forward, out of the shadows.
      "How did you know we would be here?" Sebastian asked.
      "Because you need the Mortal Instruments to summon the Angel Raziel. And Lake Lyn is the Mortal Glass." Clary kept a blank face, not showing her fear.
      "Jonathan, you do have a very smart sister." Valentine laughed. "Such a shame she wasn't smart enough to realise that once I've summoned the Angel Raziel, I don't need you anymore."
      Sebastian's eyes widened. "What?"
      "I should have killed you a long time ago." Valentine turned to look at Sebastian. "You were meant to be the perfect warrior but you turned out to be nothing but a demon. You are good at fighting and burning down the world but you have no love. Maybe for your sister. But not for me. How will I know that you will stay by me in the following years? I don't need you anymore. Goodbye Jonathan." And in one swift move, Valentine grabbed the Mortal Sword and pierced it through Sebastian's skin and out the other end of his back.
      "NO!" Clary heard herself shout.
      Sebastian fell to the floor and Valentine held him in his arms. "Fili mi, ave atque vale." Valentine said before he pulled the Mortal Sword out of Sebastian, leaving him on the floor to die.
      Clary ran over to Sebastian, sat next to him, and then she saw something she thought she would never see. Something that gave her a little bit of hope that maybe her brother could have been good.
      His eyes were green.
      "Sebastian?" Clary asked.
      "Clarissa." Sebastian said. "Please. Don't call me Sebastian. I am Jonathan."
      "I don't understand." Clary cried. "What's happened?"
      "I ... I've never felt so ... light." Jonathan struggled out. "I am so sorry for all the harm I caused. Tell Evie I'm sorry and that I love her. But for now, you have to stop our father. You know how. Follow your instincts."
      "Jonathan." Clary cried. "You never got to live a proper life without the darkness inside you."
      "Don't think about that now." Jonathan said, and she could see him starting to get weaker and his eyes drooping more and more closed. "Stop our father."
      "I'll try." Clary said.
      "I love you, little sister." Jonathan said and then his eyes closed fully and he took his last breath.
      "Jonathan?" Clary whispered. "JONATHAN?" She screamed in pain for the brother she lost. Sebastian no longer existed in him, she saw that, but now Jonathan didn't exist either.
      Clary cried and saw Valentine summoning the Angel Raziel. She ran over and grabbed her stele. Her hand started to move over the runes surrounding Valentine and she messed with them. She used all her strength, all her pain, all her anger, everything she had.
      Raziel appeared. Clary's vision was blurred from tears but she saw Valentine fall to the floor and then Raziel was speaking to her.
      "You have one wish." The magnificent Angel said. "Use it wisely. What will it be?"
      Clary looked over at Jonathan, laying in his own blood on the floor. "I want my brother back. But as he should have been. Not Sebastian Morgenstern: the monster Valentine created. I want Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern back. And I want the Clave to cause him no harm. He deserves to live a normal Shadowhunter life."
      "As you wish." The Angel said and then Clary saw Jonathan breath in a sharp breath.
      She sighed in relief and ran over, sitting over his body. "Jonathan?"
      He opened his eyes. And they were green. "Clary? What happened?"
      Clary smiled. "I did as you said. I stopped Valentine."
      Jonathan looked over and saw Valentine laying on the ground and the Angel looking down at them. "H - how am I back?"
      "Raziel gave me a wish. And it was to have my brother back. The brother you should have been." Clary replied.
      Jonathan smiled at her and then they stood up.

      Just then, the whole group, apart from Raphael and Amelia, appeared. They saw Raziel just before he disappeared and then they saw Sebastian alive still.
      "YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Jace screamed and grabbed his seraph blade, ready to stab Sebastian.
      "NO JACE STOP!" Clary screamed.
      Jace came to a sudden stop and looked at Clary, in puzzlement.
      "Look at his eyes." She said and everyone looked at his eyes. They were green. "Valentine killed him and when he was dying, he turned into Jonathan. He told me how to beat Valentine just before he died. I messed with the runes and the Angel Raziel killed Valentine and gave me a wish. My wish was to have my brother back as he should have been." Clary explained. "This isn't Sebastian. It's Jonathan."
      Everyone stood in shock and then all of a sudden, Evie was charging at Jonathan. She wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs around his waist, hugging him tightly. They both fell back on the ground and Jonathan laughed a little.
      "I don't know what I would have done if you were dead!" Evie said.
      "Really? Because the last time we talked, you seemed to hate me." Jonathan smirked.
      "That was when you were trying to burn down the world and I didn't hate you. I could never hate you. I wanted to hate you because, well you were wanting to raise hell so I think I had every right to." Evie laughed. "But you're good now and I love you so much! I love you so so much."
      "I love you too." Jonathan smiled and then kissed Evie. Evie smiled into the kiss; she was so glad he was back. She was glad he was the person he should have been.

      Raphael had just buried Amelia. He was pacing around, waiting, when Amelia's hand reached out of the ground. She grabbed at the mud and soil and pulled herself out. She pulled her whole body out and looked at him as if he was a stranger. He felt sad and angry at himself. Amelia no longer had her runes and she was now a monster. A monster he had created. Raphael threw bags of blood in front of her, just as he had for Simon, and Amelia drank them. Once she finished drinking them, she came to her senses and realised. She stood up and stared at Raphael.
      "Hey." She smiled finally and Raphael sighed and hugged her, then kissed all over her face and finally her lips. He was overwhelmed with happiness. She was alive ... well maybe not alive.

      Amelia and Raphael walked into the Accords Hall, hand in hand. As soon as Izzy saw them she stood up. Amelia saw her and they walked over.
      "Hey guys." Amelia smiled, her fangs showing. "Oh g - g - dammit! Now I understand what Simon felt like when he couldn't say g - g. Dammit. Anyway what I was trying to say was sorry I'm not exactly used to the fangs yet." She laughed.
      Isabelle leaped at her and hugged her as hard as she could. "You scared me so much! Don't ever do that again! Don't you dare die on me again!" She pulled away and Alec smiled and hugged Amelia. Then Jace hugged her, then Evie, then Clary, then Magnus.
      "You look so different without runes." Simon said. "A good different though." He smiled.
      "Thanks ... I guess." Amelia laughed and then hugged him.
      Amelia looked behind Evie and saw Sebastian stood there. She stared with wide eyes and was about to charge at him, when Magnus flowed his hands a little, making Amelia freeze where she was, stopping her from leaping at Sebastian and killing him.
      "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL? HE SHOULD BE DEAD!" Amelia screamed as she struggled out of Magnus's magic.
      "He's not Sebastian anymore." Evie said. "Look at his eyes. He's Jonathan."
      Amelia saw that his eyes were green and she stopped struggling. "But how is that possible?"
      "The Angel Raziel." Clary said. "Valentine killed Sebastian so I messed with the runes when Valentine was summoning Raziel. He killed Valentine and gave me a wish. I wished for Jonathan to be alive as the Shadowhunter he should have been." 
      Amelia trusted them, so if they trusted Jonathan, so did she. She smiled at him and held out a hand. He took it and they shook hands.
      "Welcome to the family." Amelia said.

---------------------------------------------

Total Word Count: 1547

I BROUGHT JONATHAN/SEBASTIAN BACK AYYYYYYY! It's just that in the books, when he died, Cassandra Clare was able to make me cry over his death and I just want him back as Jonathan 😭 so I brought him back in my fanfic

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!
Tell me what you think!

Vote / Comment / Share