Prologue

6/13/2012

0945 CET

Rota, Spain

They moved swiftly, but carefully through the picturesquetown fully aware but oblivious to the amazing scenery before them. (so very beautiful) Lionel Ibrahimthought to himself. (an ideal paradiseindeed to think it will be reduced to nothing in a few hours) They weretraveling on Highway A-491.  The driverturned left onto Highway A-2075 heading south towards Ave De La Libertad.  Another left turn on Ave De La Marina andthey were at the Caribe Hotel and Resort. As the driver pulled up to the valet parking area, a young valet rantowards the black BMW.  The driverquickly waved his hand, indicating that he was dropping off only, and turned tohis right where his lone passenger was. Lionel extended his hand, his friend took it, and Lionel Ibrahim saidthe only words since they had landed 8 hours ago: “Thank you my friend.  I am certain that we will see each otheragain.”  The driver, sensing that hispassenger was indeed ready for the gruesome task at hand answered him back:“Indeed. Paradise for us awaits, but for now, you need some rest.  You been up two days straight, and you willneed your rest if you are to be ready for the task at hand.”

“I am ready Rikel.” Lionel said quietly.

“Not if you are tired my friend, minds and bodies need rest.Go on now. There are two bags in the trunk. The things that are needed for thismission are inside them.”

“Ok. It will be as you say Rikel.” Lionel said pensively.

“Good.” Rikel said. “Get some rest. The earlier preparationshave already been made.”

“Until we meet again.”

“Indeed.” They shook hands. Lionel took the bags from the trunk, and made his way to lobby of thehotel and walked up to the front desk attendant.  Who greeted him with a pleasant and invitingsmile. He responded with a smile and a curt nod, requested his reservation,received his room key and made his way to his room.  He ordered some food from the room service menuate, took a long, hot relaxing shower to ease his aching body, and lay acrossthe bed.  He thought he was too keyed upto sleep, but he was asleep within minutes.

6/14/2012

0845 CET

0850 CET

Lionel Ibrahim was already awake. He had eaten breakfast anhour prior and was already making preparations for his mission.  He was watching the T.V. when his cell phonerang.

“Hello.” He said gruffly

“Make your final preparations, and then proceed to the lobbywithin one hour.” The disembodied voice said.

“Paradise awaits.” Lionel said.

“Indeed.” The voice said, and then hung up.

“I am indeed ready.” Lionel whispered. He gathered his bag,checked his watch, made sure everything was in order, and then proceeded toexit his room.

0945 CET

He had just completed his walkthrough of the hotel to makeeverything was in place.  He lookedaround nervously, but closed his eyes and breathed a cleansing breath.  Serene and content, he proceeded with hismission. He crossed the long pathway that lead to the front lobby. The placewhere his mission would  begin.  He saw the same young lady at the front desk,and smiled at her again as he crossed into the main lobby. So many people. He thought. Forgiveme God for what am about to do. He checked his watch: 1000a. It is time. He carefully set his bag on the floor, and removed the first part ofhis mission: An M240 light machine gun, he quickly set the box magazine insidethe gun; loaded the rounds in the gun, closed the top cover, and cocked theweapon to chamber the round, took another breath, and raised the weapon.  The people that were oblivious to himearlier, now noticed that he had a gun and begin running and screaming.  Two security guards quickly ran up tohim.