Chapter 1: Assessments

7/12/12

700a EST

Decatur, Ga

The white F150 turned into the parking lot of the facility and parked in the "Staff Only" parking space in the front of the building, and the driver got out to survey his surroundings.  Capt. Marlon Jameson took a deep breath of the fresh Georgia air and smiled.  Not since his service in Vietnam had he been happier.  A 22 year Army Veteran, he decided tha it was time to hang it up, but it wasn't until the offer of commanding another unit told him otherwise.  He was given command of a covert anti-terrorism unit, and was allowed to remain active duty.  The Army used the words "special consultant" as the verbage for him remaining on active duty.  The good part about it he was allowed to hand pick his unit, not like other times where he was given a unit, he was given dossiers on potential candidates and picked the ones that he wanted. He was given a wide brief, which allowed him to choose form different branches of the armed services even services in other countries.  He had benn working with this group for 5 years now, and it seem that they got better after each mission, closer after each near-death experience.  The were truly family, and Jameson would not have it any other way.  The "Firehouse " training facility and range was the brainchild of Jameson and his long-time friend Ronald "Veezy" Wilson, whom Jameson met on a training rotation in Camp Lejuene, where Wilson was  learning to be a Marine sniper.  He was taken in by Wilson's easygoing Southern nature, laid-back almost simple way of thinking, and his love good food, women, drink, and his strong committment to family.  Values that help ground Jameson and help him develop the "Firehouse".  The facility was basically a closed down Toys R Us nestled in the heart of Decatur just off I-20, until it was bought by Jameson and converted into a training center and firing range.  This is were the world's elite counterterrorism units come to train, teach and develop comraderie.  Jameson adapted Wilson's simple but effective mission statement: "One unit, one family.  Everyone comes home.  Nobody left behind."  He had finally found his element, he was happy.

His thoughts were interrupted by the distictive sound of a 5.0 v-8 engine.  He smiled to himself.  He knew that his friend was just down the road.  As he saw the jet black Mustang pull up he waved at the driver.  He walked to the door and waited forRonald  Wilson to park before he unlocked the facility door.  As Wilson got out of the car and walked to the door, Jameson greeted him with a warm handshake and a crushing bear hug.

"Well good mornin' to you too!"  Wilson said catching his breath but smiling.  "Any particular reason I deserve dat?"

"Just because." Jameson said matterof factly.  He patted Wilson on the back, as Wilson looked at his friend, shaking his head.

"You git some las' night?" Wilson asked in his slow southern drawl.

"Nope."

"Then why you so happy?  Only time I see you happy is when you done went an' got you a lil' tail."

"Just happy to be alive bro."

"Uh huh."  Wilson said looking at his friend hard. "I guess. C'mon skipper, the rest of the team'll  be here in about 30 minutes.  We can go over the training schedule."

"What do we have today?"

"We have that group from Dalton comin' today at 8:30, some of Easy's GSG folks are comin' by to tour the facility at 9, DCPD is havin some their SWAT guys test the HK 416, and the ACR at 11, 11:30 Ignacio and Martay are gonna test the Beowulf .50 cal system,  that's pretty much it, 'less you got  some other things you wanted to pencil in.  The afternoon is open."

"Have you called Havoc's team?"

"Nope."

"Give 'em a call.  See if they want to fast rope, and CQB training  with us. It'll count as a training rotation for us, extra training for them."