07

Remember...

You stirred in Bigby's bed as you imagined the green figure still running through your head.

Remember

It's voice was deep and his eyebrows furrowed, he seemed angry.

You bolted up from the bed with cold sweat dripping down your face and your chest rapidly falling up and down. You couldn't stop thinking of the green face that ran across your memories and you couldn't help think why it was important.

Instead of helping you the figure began to scare you. As if it were to jump out on you at any moment, it frightened you.

You knew it wasn't real and it couldn't hurt you. So then why did it trigger a memory? Certainly you have had to of had some kind of contact with this thing. And trying to remember it was killing you in the inside.

Bigby

You felt like such a burden for him. You haven't even gotten the chance to talk to him or even get to know him. All you know is his name yet he's given you a place to stay and is trying to get information on you and get to the bottom of this. And all you've become is a burden.

You softly pat down the sweat that formed on your forehead with the back of your hand and looked outside the window. The purple neon lights of the buildings across could be seen. A few people walked the streets, it was still night.

You take in the view and try to calm down to the best of your abilities but you still had a bad feeling about everything. All your thoughts and the one "memory" you had kept taunting you.

Maybe I can try to wake up Bigby and he could accompany me while I sleep. But how do I ask that? "Bigby can you sleep with me tonight?" No. I don't know him like that he'll think I'm being weird or perverted.

You tried to formulate a plan to somehow get Bigby to at least sleep in the same room as you in order to ease your nightmares.

He'll take the bed and I'll sleep on the floor or bring in a chair. That would be the best way to do things.

You carefully got up and opened the door leading to the living room. You slowly made your way to the blue chair until you saw a heavy figure sprawled across it.

"Bigby?" You called out.

In response all you could hear was the heavy snoring of the long haired man. You noticed he was still wearing his white button up, pants, and loose neck tie. You too were still wearing the same white button up blouse and pencil skirt from when you took the office visit with him.

"Bigby?" You called out a bit louder than before.

Again, in response, was a snore followed with some body movements, but he still slept.

Poor thing must be tired. Oh no, I'll just end up bothering him more if I wake him.

Turning back to face the direction of the bedroom door you began to feel uneasy. You turned your gaze back to Bigby and gave out a small sigh. Making your way down to the floor you sit on the cold hardwood and lean your back on the blue sofa, your side resting against Bigby's leg.

The sudden feeling of protection overcame you. You felt as though a blanket of security was thrown over you and that with Bigby by your side, you'd always be okay. And with that you were able to drift off to a deep sleep with nothing else bothering you.

___________________________

The sun's rays glistened through the living room's window and directly onto your face. As you squint your eyes trying to lazily block the sunlight you look around to your surrounds. Your arm was resting above a pair of legs along with your face.

"Morning sunshine," you hear a sarcastic tone speak out. You look up to see Bigby leaned back against his chair, you were still cuddled up against his legs. You quickly came to the realization and immediately backed away.

"I-I'm so sorry I just got scared at night and decided to come sleep here and I didn't want to wake you," you rambled trying to explain.

Bigby shook his head and chuckled, "it's no problem really. But what's this about getting scared?" He asked, his voice still deep and raspy.

You looked down embarrassed. He probably thinks you're some kind of little kid who gets afraid of the dark. None the less you still told him what was going on. "That green figure I told you and Swineheart about. It's like it's trying to haunt my memories, it won't go away," you explained.

Bigby gave out a small sigh and gently patted your head, "hey, it's alright."

You giggled at his strange form of comfort he was trying to express.

"If it keeps becoming a problem I could move my chair in the room if you feel comfortable with that," he suggested.

You quickly shook your head as your smile faded, "I'm already a burden as is. I can handle a couple of nightmares."

Bigby casually shook his head in disagreement. "I don't want you to see yourself as a burden. I'm helping you because I want to, and it's been nice having you around."

You smiled softly at his comment looking up at him in his eyes. You got up from your place on the floor and dusted off your outfit. "You should wash up, I'll make us some breakfast."

Bigby did the same as he walked to the fridge," what do I even have in here?"

He noticed the almost empty lone carton of eggs and shook his head, "I'll buy some more stuff. It'll help you feel more at home."