04

"Uh make yourself at home," the man you've learned to call 'Bigby' said as he opened his apartment door and gestured you inside. You've been quiet since the minute the doctor told you, you suffered from amnesia. You quietly made yourself inside as you held onto your elbow and looked shyly down to the floor. Bigby walked inside and closed the door behind him. You waited for a command from him or anything, you just didn't know what to do. Bigby awkwardly made his way to stand in front of you and cleared his throat, "well it's a small place but I have a bedroom, you can stay there. I'll be sleeping on my chair. I usually stay there either way because of my work and all." As he finished off his sentence he walks over to a worn out blue chair and gestures to it. "You can go ahead and look around for a bit, make yourself familiar," he says as he sits down on the chair and turns on the old tv that's right in front of it.
You look around the room a bit uncomfortably. Only half of the room had wallpaper covering the walls and it was already peeling off and had some unidentifiable marks. The floor boards creaked underneath you as you looked further down the apartment. You passed what's seems to be Bigby's work desk and the dinning room table. It was small but you guess it was only him. You look at the Chinese takeout, on top of the table, the noodles were starting to form a fuzzy green film. You cringe slightly at the sight and go to the kitchen. The kitchen is in a narrow hallway and doesn't even have a proper stove, instead there's a hot plate sitting on top of the counter. You open the fridge to only see a bottle of ketchup and a carton of eggs. You finished off your tour by taking a peek in the restroom and bedroom.
You sat down on the dinner table and looked around aimlessly. Bigby notices and starts to make small talk with you. "You've been quiet since we came back from the Swineheart," he states, "what, are you scared of me?" He smirks slightly and leans forward in his chair. You look at him and give him a soft smile while shaking your head. "Just trying to make some conversation, doctors orders," he shrugs his shoulders giving you a small smile. You smile at his attempt to speak to you so you decide to do the same. "Since I can't remember much about myself how about you tell me about youurself?" You ask in hopes of knowing more about the man you'll be staying with. "What do you wanna know?" He asks scratching the side of his face. "What do you do for work? Or basically just anything that can help me learn more about you." He lays his back against his chair and gives a deep sigh, "well im the sheriff here. I mostly listens to the complains of the other fab.." he clears his throat, "uh people and try to fix whatever the problem is." You nod your head in understatement. "It really takes a toll on me. I work endless nights and don't sleep enough. I rarely spend time at home," he lights up a cigarette as he speaks. "You smoke?" You ask looking at the fumes he puffs out. "Yeah, bad habit. But I suppose it helps," he continues blowing out smoke. "Speaking of work, I'll have to give you a tour tomorrow. As for now it's getting late, you should get some rest," he states while nodding towards his bedroom door.
        You stand up feeling guilty, "this is your place you should be sleeping in your own bed. I'll take the couch," you say walking towards him. As he puts out his cigarette he simply shakes his head, "like I said I already spend my nights here no need to feel pity." You make your way to the bedroom opening up the door, you look back at Bigby to see him making himself comfortable in his chair. "Goodnight Bigby," you smile looking at him. He looks back at you and chuckles, "goodnight y/n,"as you make yourself into the bedroom.
The bedroom wasn't such a big mess compared to the other rooms, just some clothes here and there. You took it upon yourself to fold or discard of the clothes into the hamper. You look out the window of the bedroom and see neon lights flashing. It wasn't much of a view at all but gave the room a soft purple glow. You decided to use a t-shirt you saw laying across the floor as your nightgown. You crawled into the bed and slowly fall asleep.

A/N: please let me know if you guys like this story so far by leaving a comment and voting!