Chapter 28: Apologies

Start from the beginning

"Ugh..." I turned and saw my wife flinching. I ran towards her and she slowly opens her eyes. Her cheeks were a bit bruised but she was still the most beautiful being in this land.

"Selene..." I called out making her head rest on my arm. "Hey, baby... It's Leo..."

SELENE's POV

It was dark... Very dark that I don't even know if I was still alive. I mean dead.

Why is Jane causing everyone pain> What does she want from me and my family? What did my father do to her? What is the reason behind all these things? But one thing running harder in my mind is I am tired... I want to just sleep and forget everything.

"Selene!" A voice echoed making me flinch. Who was it?

His hands felt familiar and soothing. It was like he was emitting light inside me.

"Selene..." A sweet male voice called out. "Hey, baby... It's Leo..." I fully open my eyes and my husband was looking at me with mixed emotions.

Worry.

Happiness.

Pain.

But filled with love.

"Leo..." He hugs me tightly and as a vampire, it's hard to say if it was warm but I feel loved.

"How are you feeling babe?" He kisses my forehead aiding me to sit up. I touched my belly and the baby was still there. Thank goodness!!!

"I'm fine now that you and the baby are safe... what about the others?" I looked at my surroundings and saw the frozen James returning back to flesh.

"Jane is gone, Selene..."

"What?" My eyes dilated. "Who... Did you finish her off Leo?"

"I thought I gave the final blow but she was still strong then... So I tried questioning her especially with the black blood from her and when she was at the brink of saying it, a sword fell from the sky and I couldn't sense a thing. Then she died saying the baby should not be born and he is coming for her.."

"He?"

He shook his head. "I don't know too. She turned to ashes then..." Leo wraps his arms around me again and I buried my face in his neck and massaged my tummy. I won't let anyone hurt my baby, my husband or the vampire race.

But...

Who is it that threw the sword to Jane?

Leo says it came from the sky.

So from a god? Impossible.